Rate our business in this window out of 10

6 hours ago, Treborowl said:

Thought we were going for 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 this season...

We have Lees, Borner, Bates, Thorniley, Van aken and Hutch / Lorfa , a wing back would have given us another option. 

Between 7 and 8 for me.

Considering the soft embargo and losing Bruce, we're lucky to have done any business. The likes of Harris, Murphy and Moses look smart signings. I'm glad we kept Westwood and Lee. Bit disappointed to see Joao go and to have not brought Hector back but Luongo looks a cracking signing. Unsure about Borner and Bates to be honest. Most excited about Harris and Luongo, our best business was Westwood, Harris and Luongo.

We still have a couple of areas to fill, perhaps in January we could get a couple more signings and get a couple more out. Our squad to me now looks the fittest and most balanced its looked since the two failed play off campaigns. It makes you wonder what might have been, if we had made similar signings after Wembley?

I think in a highly competitive and wide open League, we've got a decent shot at making the play offs, with Bullen or with a new man. If Bruce had stayed, and we had got Hector, O'Dowda and a striker on loan, I reckon we would have had a shot at top 2. I think West Brom will win the League, not sure who will go up with them but I think we will make the play offs with this squad.

Edited by The Night-Owl

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

5 a reasonable window, if a little uninspiring Have we improved the squad from last season,, probably not, but it isn’t noticeably weaker

Out:

Boyd

hooper

abdi

jones

matias

Pudil

Joao

In:

harris

louongo

murphy

borner

Bates

Odubajo

I can't see any possible reason for someone not seeing that as an improvement in the squad.

What is your reasoning?

3 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Out:

Boyd

hooper

abdi

jones

matias

Pudil

Joao

In:

harris

louongo

murphy

borner

Bates

Odubajo

I can't see any possible reason for someone not seeing that as an improvement in the squad.

What is your reasoning?

Hmm, you conveniently leave out our, by a million miles, player of the season, Michael Hector. That alone, plus the departure of our one quick forward, means for me at least, that the window was merely OK

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hmm, you conveniently leave out our, by a million miles, player of the season, Michael Hector. That alone, plus the departure of our one quick forward, means for me at least, that the window was merely OK

He wasn’t our player that’s why l left him out. Same as Aarons etc.

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

We have done excellent business under the circumstances . Added much needed pace and a new cm to boss the middle . 

Any moaning can only be the same deluded ones crying because we released hooper and all the other ageing crocks 

or Hector

12 hours ago, gurujuan said:

5 a reasonable window, if a little uninspiring Have we improved the squad from last season,, probably not, but it isn’t noticeably weaker

Here he is, Mr fuuuuuuuucking Happy.

You see the negative in every single thing the club do. Everything.

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

Here he is, Mr fuuuuuuuucking Happy.

You see the negative in every single thing the club do. Everything.

Don't worry. 

Truth be told, I think the players he wants don't actually exist. 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

or Hector

Who cares about hector he’s one player ... we have this obsession with past players . Kenwyne Jones , wickham , ben Marshall , hooper this list goes on . They left and that’s that . What’s to say borner won’t be better than hector or Bates might be better than both .