Michael Hector.

28 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Hope if Hector comes we also see some defensive departures. No need for someone like Van Aken sat on the bench being paid heavily, even if he’s loaned back to Holland for a season to get his value back up. 

I’d also loan out Thorniley. Lad looks like he could be a top player, think a full season in L1 will do him the world of good. Much better option for the lad than playing 4th fiddle and playing the odd cup game. 

I actually dont think torniley needs a loan, I'm not sure a drop in standard is what he needs right now.

Edited by LiamAP22D

Brilliant news if true. Was our best player for second half of last season. A bit harsh on borner but we needed two cbs in this summer. 

A CM, a LB and a winger on loan and we're good to go. 

All aboarddddddd!! 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

5m is bonkers for Hector, I’m sorry guys (if figure accurate) It’s McGugan and Rhodes all over again. Great player but we are well covered in defence.

That 5m could be spent on a midfielder or winger who will take us to the next level. 

Completely agree with this. I really hope we aren’t paying anywhere near 5 million for him. Other positions need strengthening before CB. Think it’s crazy the fact that we have just come out of an embargo and now look like spending 5 million on 1 player. 

2 minutes ago, s110wl said:

Brilliant news if true. Was our best player for second half of last season. A bit harsh on borner but we needed two cbs in this summer. 

A CM, a LB and a winger on loan and we're good to go. 

All aboarddddddd!! 

We've got Penney, fox, palmer, ojubadjo and probably reach and borner who could play there, palmer's currently playing his best football for us there. 

Edited by LiamAP22D

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Completely agree with this. I really hope we aren’t paying anywhere near 5 million for him. Other positions need strengthening before CB. Think it’s crazy the fact that we have just come out of an embargo and now look like spending 5 million on 1 player. 

Wheres the £5m come from?

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

5m is bonkers for Hector, I’m sorry guys (if figure accurate) It’s McGugan and Rhodes all over again. Great player but we are well covered in defence.

That 5m could be spent on a midfielder or winger who will take us to the next level. 

Not a chance we’re paying £5m for him 

I reckon we’ll pay £3m max

Guest gizowl

Laughable, do we know the fee is 5 million, plus everyone's been in meltdown when it looked like he wasn't coming back, now everyone moans if we've paid too much.:rolleyes:

Guest wilyfox

5mil does sound stooopid. That's more than they paid and never used - and in final year of contract. I'd expect DC to drive a harder bargain than that. 

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chelsea paid 4. 

They will want a profit. Most big clubs always do. That’s why I thought season long loan with view to permanent was the best way to go. 

They've made a  profit already with signing on fees over the last years.