Michael Hector.

2 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Hope we pay 2/3 mil, brilliant for us but he’s out of contract soon and never going to play for Chelsea. Midfielder on loan and a pacy winger (Aarons potentiality) would set us up for a top 6 push 

What about goals, we won’t score many goals with just the attacking options we have now If we can, we need to bring in a quick striker, or make sure that the winger we sign, is a potential 15 goals a season guy

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We've just got rid of a striker because we have too many.

What we now don't need to do is go out and buy another one.

Unless Rhodes and Winnall go too..

Sounds like Jordan may well, and I'd be screaming at my agent to get me a move if I were Winnall. He's been last in pecking order here ever since he signed. 

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What about goals, we won’t score many goals with just the attacking options we have now If we can, we need to bring in a quick striker, or make sure that the winger we sign, is a potential 15 goals a season guy

Good point, Fletch will score 10-12 with Nuhiu and Nando scoring 5-6 each. Not sure how Winnall and Rhodes will perform would love Gayle here to guarantee 20 goals 

44 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

I actually dont think torniley needs a loan, I'm not sure a drop in standard is what he needs right now.

Lad only managed 20 games last season for us and our defence this year is even better. Being on the bench of a Championship side isn’t in an improvement to playing League 1 week in and out

I hope that the club has got a sensible plan in place for the profit and sustainability issue we will otherwise be facing next summer. The millions it looks like we'll be getting for Bruce and Joao (and saving on Rhodes?) would be something of a Godsend under the circumstances. Making a decent splash on Hector whilst still needing a couple of players elsewhere does not seem on the surface to be a wise move with an eye towards the next accounts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I hope that the club has got a sensible plan in place for the profit and sustainability issue we will otherwise be facing next summer. The millions it looks like we'll be getting for Bruce and Joao (and saving on Rhodes?) would be something of a Godsend under the circumstances. Making a decent splash on Hector whilst still needing a couple of players elsewhere does not seem on the surface to be a wise move with an eye towards the next accounts.

However, we did make a profit this year AND ditch an abundance of freeloaders AND get a decent fist of cash for Mr Potato Head.

Edited by Hitcat

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I think Hector is a risk worth balancing off against future problems..but you are correct.. we're very close to the wind...

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

However, we did make a profit this year AND ditch an abundance of freeloaders.

But for the rather dubious sale of the stadium (an option obviously not available to us again) we made an enormous operating loss. Those departures will have made some inroads but would presumably be significantly offset by this signing and presumably one or two other arrivals before the transfer window closes? I wish I had more confidence in our financial management than I do but our strategy has been pretty reckless and random in the last three years.

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
23 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We've just got rid of a striker because we have too many.

What we now don't need to do is go out and buy another one.

Feel like we need 4 strikers, and I wouldn’t include FF as he’s more of a wide attacker.

Now Joao has gone, and it looks like Rhodes is going too, which look short on both numbers and quality. Fletcher is the only regular starter and backup is Nuhui and Winnall. Doesn’t fill you with confidence.

I’d have sold Joao for the money we’ve reported to received but it would be on the proviso that we wheel and deal a bit and bring in a new face up front too.

Can forget play offs if we only have Fletcher, Nuhui and Winnall left

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

But for the rather dubious sale of the stadium (an option obviously not available to us again) we made an enormous operating loss. Those departures will have made some inroads but would presumably be significantly offset by this signing and presumably one or two other arrivals before the transfer window closes? I wish I had more confidence in our financial management than I do but our strategy has been pretty reckless and random in the last three years.

That's very true, but there aren't too many chairman that haven't at least tried the splash the cash and keep those fingers crossed route.

Edited by Hitcat

Reading, who like us have just come out of a soft embargo, are certainly splashing the cash.  £7m for Joao, and now they’ve agreed to sign him a strike partner, Puskas from Inter, for £8m Perhaps we shouldn’t be worrying too much about spending £3m  on Hector

19 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Feel like we need 4 strikers, and I wouldn’t include FF as he’s more of a wide attacker.

Now Joao has gone, and it looks like Rhodes is going too, which look short on both numbers and quality. Fletcher is the only regular starter and backup is Nuhui and Winnall. Doesn’t fill you with confidence.

I’d have sold Joao for the money we’ve reported to received but it would be on the proviso that we wheel and deal a bit and bring in a new face up front too.

Can forget play offs if we only have Fletcher, Nuhui and Winnall left

We don't need four strikers to play one lone role.  

I imagine we will sign another forward but it will be along the lines of a harris type.