Michael Hector.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Reading, who like us have just come out of a soft embargo, are certainly splashing the cash.  £7m for Joao, and now they’ve agreed to sign him a strike partner, Puskas from Inter, for £8m Perhaps we shouldn’t be worrying too much about spending £3m  on Hector

Maybe we could get the likes of Hector and Morsy, plus a couple of loan players, if it's within our means

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

We don't need four strikers to play one lone role.  

I imagine we will sign another forward but it will be along the lines of a harris type.

Reading play one striker, and they have six, and are about to add another two A quick look at the championship squad lists, and you will see it’s not unusual for clubs to have 5-6 strikers We only look top heavy with strikers, because we are light in other departments

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Reading play one striker, and they have six, and are about to add another two A quick look at the championship squad lists, and you will see it’s not unusual for clubs to have 5-6 strikers We only look top heavy with strikers, because we are light in other departments

Majority of Reading strikers though are just as comfortable on the wing as they are up top. Ours are not they are either or none can successfully do both.

Which is why Reach and Harris are our best options and they are midfielders really.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Majority of Reading strikers though are just as comfortable on the wing as they are up top. Ours are not they are either or none can successfully do both.

Which is why Reach and Harris are our best options and they are midfielders really.

I would say they are better footballers, so yes, they probably are more adaptable than ours  It’s embarrassing when I hear pundits say we are spoiled for choice, when it comes to strikers. We aren’t in terms of quality, just numbers. I think it’s just lazy journalism from people who are ignorant to any players ability since 2015. 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I would say they are better footballers, so yes, they probably are more adaptable than ours  It’s embarrassing when I hear pundits say we are spoiled for choice, when it comes to strikers. We aren’t in terms of quality, just numbers. I think it’s just lazy journalism from people who are ignorant to any players ability since 2015. 

All our stikers seem to have to fit into a certain way of playing none seem to be comfortable when we change it about and ask them to do something a bit different.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

All our stikers seem to have to fit into a certain way of playing none seem to be comfortable when we change it about and ask them to do something a bit different.

Apart from a Forestieri, no you’re right. Our strikers are pretty basic by modern day championship standards

Just now, gurujuan said:

Apart from a Forestieri, no you’re right. Our strikers are pretty basic by modern day championship standards

Even he struggles. To produce his best anyway. Only Carlos managed to get him playing. And that could just be down to the fact that he was better then than he is now.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Even he struggles. To produce his best anyway. Only Carlos managed to get him playing. And that could just be down to the fact that he was better then than he is now.

Part of the problem with Forestieri is, he needs better players around him Not many are on his wavelength

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Part of the problem with Forestieri is, he needs better players around him Not many are on his wavelength

I ain't so sure about that they are practically the same players. I think and it's the same with Joao sometimes they are just in their own world. 

Won’t be £5m. Howson is saying that’s what Wednesday have been quoted all summer. Chelsea will lower that now with a couple days of the market as he’s out of contract next summer. 

I noticed last week they sold Kasey Palmer to Bristol for around £3.5m. Absolute steal for a 22 year old lad. So don’t think we will be paying too much over that for a 27 year old. 

4 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

It must have been the bring home Big Hec Jamaican flag that worked its magic. :ph34r: Whoever that was, hats off to them, you deserve a free pint and pie...

EBREUVOW4AAhiS3.jpeg.9dbd1a86accaa23235801a45fb9474ed.jpeg

No chance, Billy Sharp ate them all!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

If we sign Hector there’s no way we’ll pay £5m for him. 

^^^

This. 2 maybe 3 million up front max, anything else will be based on add ons.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Reading, who like us have just come out of a soft embargo, are certainly splashing the cash.  £7m for Joao, and now they’ve agreed to sign him a strike partner, Puskas from Inter, for £8m Perhaps we shouldn’t be worrying too much about spending £3m  on Hector

Thought he died about 10 years ago!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jrh said:

If its Dom Howson's quoted 5 million I'd say thanks very much but we will pass. Could use that Joao money much more wisely to enable us to make that push. 

Looking at the fees for Webster & Clarke this summer, I think there's resale value in Hector at that ^ price

Hopefully we can get him for a little less though 

If true happy but feel we'd be best off selling Lees at this stage as we are stockpiling CH. 

Lees, Iorfa, Hector, Borner, Thorniley, JVA. 

Borner and Big Hec at CB would improve our distribution from back and we can make Hutch capt. 

If we put Lees on market Brizzie would probably pay 8m.

Sell Rhodes for 4-5. In total:

Bruce 3.5m plus 2m wages saved

Joao 7m plus 1m wages saved

Rhodes 4m plus 2m wages saved

Lees 8m plus 1.3m wages saved

Overall 23.5m in, of which say 14m would hit this season, plus 6.3m saved in wages, plus 9m saved on those let go already. 29.3m better off, new lads probably combined 4m in wages, spend another 4m on loans, total saving 21.3m.

Let's go get Gayle and Lazaar!

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Lazers

3 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

Won’t be £5m. Howson is saying that’s what Wednesday have been quoted all summer. Chelsea will lower that now with a couple days of the market as he’s out of contract next summer. 

I noticed last week they sold Kasey Palmer to Bristol for around £3.5m. Absolute steal for a 22 year old lad. So don’t think we will be paying too much over that for a 27 year old. 

Hope it's not £5m. That's big money for us and great as Hector is, there'll be no resale value. Just look at the Rhodes and Abdi scenarios. That £5m needs spending on an asset.

Look at Spurs, potentially selling Eriksen at 27 years old, to buy Fernandes for the same money, aged 23. We should have a young player lined up that can make us money, as Joao has done.

1 hour ago, vulture_squadron said:

Hope it's not £5m. That's big money for us and great as Hector is, there'll be no resale value. Just look at the Rhodes and Abdi scenarios. That £5m needs spending on an asset.

Look at Spurs, potentially selling Eriksen at 27 years old, to buy Fernandes for the same money, aged 23. We should have a young player lined up that can make us money, as Joao has done.

I agree, I still think we should try and loan for the season (even if this involves a fee). Our money would be better spent on other areas. We have Lees, Borner, Van Aken, Thorniley, Fox and Iorfa who can play that position.