Michael Hector.

1 minute ago, Adem Poric said:

I've been told it's all done bar the fee. If we cant agree a fee he's coming on loan (loan fee agreed) but we want it to be permanent.

And if it happens to be loan are we talking today it gets sorted or the next week or so?

11 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

That's what I've been saying all summer, still think it too

Same.

Had a feeling he’ll be a last minute loan for most of the summer.

I know people make a lot out of Premier League clubs not loaning our players in the last year of their contracts. But I think at his age and experience, they’ll take the best offer that’s on the table come 4.30 if they can’t get anyone to pay the fee they want. 

Wouldn’t shock me if Chelsea announced  they’ve activated an option of a further year in his contract, and then he comes on loan to us. 

The 5million valuation seems stranger and stranger so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that there is an option to extend his current contract in there somewhere.

Seems to be a bit of a pointless arm wrestle by Chelsea.

Can only assume they are holding our for as long as possible, hoping someone is gonna come in with a better bid that what we've offered.
Although, Hector could/would probably refuse that, knowing full well he wants to be at Hillsboro..

AND, if the twitter post is true, we have agreed a loan deal (hopefully season-long), then Hector can sign a pre-contract with us get him for free..

4 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

Loan fee makes more sense for them than full transfer I would have thought. A loan means no sell on fee to pay to Reading.

Which would make no sense as he’s be able to leave for free in the summer. Let’s say loan fee is £1m, he’s effectively been transferred for £1m. So they may as well sell for £3m which will see Reading get c. £700k and Chelsea £2.3m.

Full transfer is a complete no brainer for them.