Realistic (and unrealistic) Wishes for the Season

Realistic - midtable club 

Unrealistic - we appoint a young and highly rated manager, the embargo lifted means we have ability to sign 4-5 players even if it’s decent ones on loan.

We become the Norwich of last season and challenge for the top two and get promoted 20 years after relegation from the PL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

Realistic: Play offs.

Unrealistic everybody on owlstalk learn's how to use punctuation and grammer and stuff especially the importance of question mark's that they use full stop's and capitals to create sentence's and that there spelling improove's.

I've seen what you've done there. Nothing gets past me.

You cheeky monkey 

• Haha 1

A month ago I would have said definitely top 10 with reasonable chance of play offs. I liked players brought in and clear out has helped give squad a better look to it.

Now I am not so sure depends on manager we get and final few signings of season. We definitely need more coaching staff in regardless as we are short in this department as we stand.

Hard to say what's realistic without a new manager.

Until we bring in a suitable replacement for Bruce and also some more players, it's hard to say where we will finish to be honest. Especially when we don't even know who the manager is going to be and what our strongest team will be. Before the Bruce saga I was pretty confident we'd challenge with a couple more signings. Unsure now.

Despite everything that’s going on I still think it’s realistic for us to challenge for the play-offs. It’s the last chance saloon for most of this squad and I think most of the players realise this and you’ll see a difference this season from the last two,  even more so if we stay clear of injuries.

Realistic - top 10 with good chance of the play offs 

We have a system and a style that the players are comfortable with and we are building a solid club to achieve good things in the next few years 

Unrealistic - We sign the 3 players we need through the spine of the team, we have a good promotion push, with the media taking note 

We sell a couple of players for 3 times what they are actually worth 

Local journalists break some news on the club that we haven’t heard already a week before 

Those that went to Wembley discover where Hillsborough is 

3 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Realistic: Play offs.

Unrealistic everybody on owlstalk learn's how to use punctuation and grammar and stuff especially the importance of question mark's that they use full stop's and capitals to create sentence's and that there spelling improove's.

Unrealistic, everybody on owlstalk learns how to use punctuation, grammer and stuff, especially the importance of question marks. That they use full stops and capitals to create sentences and that their spelling improves.

How did I do?

Edited by prowl
  • Thanks 1

Realistic. Top 6, maybe automatic promotion.

Unrealistic.

Donald Trump appointed manager, does a fantastic deal with the Arab owners of Man.City to lend us their top 11 players for the season (because their 2nd eleven would romp the Premiership). Automatic promotion by Christmas, loan players returned across the Pennines by January leaving our regulars to finish season and Tom Lees to lift the Championship trophy in May. Lee Bullen as head coach knighted in New Year honours list.

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

My hopefully realistic wish for the season is to end it feeling that Wednesday did about as well as they could, which isn't something I've been able to say since the end of Carvalhal's first season.

For that to happen, we'll need to hope that...

• our injury woes are finally behind us
  • we play in a way that gets the best out of our better players
  • the players don't take their eye off the ball, but chase every marginal gain they can
  • we get a manager and a style of play which enthuses the fanbase and helps regain our lost momentum

i'd add to that, i'd like us to turn up on the play off final day and give it a real go tactically.  win or lose, we'd have done our best not froze.

1 hour ago, torres said:

Realistic - top 10 with good chance of the play offs 

We have a system and a style that the players are comfortable with and we are building a solid club to achieve good things in the next few years 

Unrealistic - We sign the 3 players we need through the spine of the team, we have a good promotion push, with the media taking note 

We sell a couple of players for 3 times what they are actually worth 

Local journalists break some news on the club that we haven’t heard already a week before 

Those that went to Wembley discover where Hillsborough is 

Do you think it's the same 25k that turn up every week ?

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Unrealistic, everybody on owlstalk learns how to use punctuation, grammer and stuff, especially the importance of question marks. That they use full stops and capitals to create sentences and that their spelling improves.

How did I do?

Oh dear, there may be trouble ahead !

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

Oh dear, there may be trouble ahead !

Go on point them out. I did spot grammer/grammar, I corrected it on the original rather than my correction just to see if anyone would bite. Did I miss anything else?

It's a long time since I was at school.

Realistic: top 10 finish with a shot at the play offs. We are not miles off, but need to not be playing catch up again.

Unrealistic: Relegation. Cant see it. Even at our worst with Jos, we stayed up comfortably. 

Division looks weaker to me. There is the opportunity there, but the next few weeks may well define us.