Realistic (and unrealistic) Wishes for the Season

Realistic: we win more than we lose, get into the playoffs and get promoted. One of our strikers scores >20 Championship goals. We break our clean sheet record. No clubs do the double over us.

Beat a couple of Prem teams in a good cup run

Newcastle get relegated from the Premier League, And so do the neighbours

Unrealistic:

We win our next 1,023 competitive games and our 1,024th game is a disappointing away champions league draw at Shaktar Donetsk

Guest Kagoshimaowl
32 minutes ago, MartinOwlMan said:

Realistic: we win more than we lose, get into the playoffs and get promoted. One of our strikers scores >20 Championship goals. We break our clean sheet record. No clubs do the double over us.

Beat a couple of Prem teams in a good cup run

Newcastle get relegated from the Premier League, And so do the neighbours

Unrealistic:

We win our next 1,023 competitive games and our 1,024th game is a disappointing away champions league draw at Shaktar Donetsk

Are u on crack?

Unrealistic- that I won’t say "ffs Wednesday!" At least 23 times a game! 

Realistic- after finishing the season unbeaten, solving brexit and fighting cancer with his bare hands Chansiri gives the job to Bullen! 

He then sells the film rights to Disney for £350 billion! 

Terry crews will play Bullen, Danny DeVito to play Wider and both Ant and Dec to play Snake Bruce! 

Realistic: Play offs.

Unrealistic everybody on owlstalk learn's how to use punctuation and grammer and stuff especially the importance of question mark's that they use full stop's and capitals to create sentence's and that there spelling improove's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was talking to a pig fan about this. He said their goal was to stay up.

I said ours was to win the division, win the FA Cup and the league cup. More importantly I said we would go on to win the Premiership the following year.

He said I was being a bit optimistic.

He started it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

My hopefully realistic wish for the season is to end it feeling that Wednesday did about as well as they could, which isn't something I've been able to say since the end of Carvalhal's first season.

For that to happen, we'll need to hope that...

• our injury woes are finally behind us
  • we play in a way that gets the best out of our better players
  • the players don't take their eye off the ball, but chase every marginal gain they can
  • we get a manager and a style of play which enthuses the fanbase and helps regain our lost momentum
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Realistic: Play offs.

Unrealistic everybody on owlstalk learn's how to use punctuation and grammer and stuff especially the importance of question mark's that they use full stop's and capitals to create sentence's and that there spelling improove's.

See, you overdid it there.

I was all ready to dive in with both feet when I saw 'grammer'...

:duntmatter:

For any team to do well, you have to have very few injuries, bit of luck, quality, nerve, decent Manager and leaders on the pitch.

Our squad is still strong, our main problem has been injuries over last two seasons. I hope that change in tempo during pre-season and changes made will give us a chance to have a consistent squad to choose from. A season of Westwood, Lees, Lee, Bannan, Hutch, FF, Reach, Fletcher fit and available gives you a chance. 

Guest wilyfox

Genuinely believe the next 12 days will define our season. Good managerial appointment and strengthen right areas of the team. Has to be in that order as well, and we don't appear to be close. It is a pressure situation for DC although I appreciate he's a man that won't be rushed. My hopes are that he makes the most of that time to give us a chance. Otherwise, I see us mid-table again. 

18 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Realistic 

Top 10 certainly possibly top 6 with a couple of additions to midfield and defence. 

Unrealistic

Involved in a relegation battle, even present squad is good enough to avoid this. 

Your unrealistic wish is for us to be involved in a relegation battle?

Even by Owlstalk standards, that's pretty pessimistic!

:duntmatter: