Bullen interview

Appointing bullen would indicate to me we have already given up on this season. Lee a nice bloke but can we trust him to sign players, can we trust him to turn a bad run around with no track record it would be a massive gamble, one i think the club cant take at this time

11 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

The original model DC wanted to implement was a director of football and head coach continental approach. 

Maybe the appearance of meggo was so DC could sound him out as possible director with bullen as head coach?? 

Looking at some of the names and odds being banded about, I don't think it would be a bad idea to be fair. 

Appearance of Meggo? You mean Iain Dowie at the Northampton game? 

• Haha 1

Really would be a decision we regret if we gave it to Bullen. Don’t do it Dc. As soon as we lose a few games in a row we would see he doesn’t know how to turn it around. Potential signings won’t have heard of him and the chances are would choose to play under a manager they have heard of. We’ve got a good amount of compensation, use it to bring in a top quality manager please DC. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Unless we can get Hughton in then i'd go with Bullen short term. I know folk would be underwhelmed with that. I sort of think plans are in place now and the squad have been working towards those plans in pre-season, Bullen i guess will be continuing what is already in place. So why disrupt all of that? 

Certainly Bullen over the likes of Spulis etc

Given the names banded about, Bullen wouldn't be a bad shout...if he really really wants it.

Reckon DC will give him 3-months and say to fans 'we are still looking' if he starts off well he won't need to.

He could set off like Seb Coe and finish like Bil ko of course.

Besides we only get managers around christmas time.:biggrin:

1 minute ago, WC1Owl said:

Ok. So if If he’s putting himself up for it he deserves fair consideration. 

If Bullen is the best option of other managers out there that want the job I would be very worried. Imo he would be sacked by Christmas which is the last thing we want. I want him around the club for years to come and being our manager would be the beginning of the end for him and his time with us. He has no experience in the transfer market, his comments previous times when he’s been in charge are very worrying. 

19 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

The original model DC wanted to implement was a director of football and head coach continental approach. 

Maybe the appearance of meggo was so DC could sound him out as possible director with bullen as head coach?? 

Looking at some of the names and odds being banded about, I don't think it would be a bad idea to be fair. 

I agree.

A decent experienced Director Of Football to help Bullen assess signings and do the mundane none football coaching stuff could possibly work well.

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

Bullen would be the best alternative if our only options are the likes of Tony Pulis etc.

If Chris Hughton isn’t available then I’d be sticking with Bully.

Don't want Pulis but would have him over Bullen. 

18 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

Appointing bullen would indicate to me we have already given up on this season. Lee a nice bloke but can we trust him to sign players, can we trust him to turn a bad run around with no track record it would be a massive gamble, one i think the club cant take at this time

For me Bruce’s departure is a huge blow to our chances this season. The list of candidates is so uninspiring. Nobody out there who will come and lift this group in my view. Unless we poach a manager from another club, but can’t see Chansiri doing that. 

So why not give Bullen a chance? He will have a bit of continuity from the Bruce reign. Yeah it might all go wrong, but at this point I’m inclined to just give him a shot. But on the other hand i’d hate to see people turn on him. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon