Bullen interview

I don’t believe Bullen wants to be manager but I wouldn’t be opposed to him being given a chance to prove himself if he fancies it (with the option of moving back onto the staff if he fails). 

I think we have churned over far too many managers in the last few seasons and I think that Bullen offers the stability that I think we need and, I’m guessing, that Mr C craves. Surely, Bullen has the contacts within football to assemble an effective management team that could support him? 

4 hours ago, bubbleowl said:

I hope to god we dont appoint bullen, he brings nothing to the table apart from his loyalty. What's he done to deserve a go,a few games as caretaker with no pressure. 

I don't think the above is fair. Each time he took over as caretaker the club had been steadily tumbling down the table to the extent where a relegation battle was becoming a legitimate concern. And on both occasions he was able to slow down or even reverse the descent before handing control over to someone else. 

But that does not mean I'd like him to get the job. Too much is at stake for that and he seems suited to the role he has been in for the last couple of years, especially when the club needs someone reliable for a transition period.

25 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I don’t believe Bullen wants to be manager but I wouldn’t be opposed to him being given a chance to prove himself if he fancies it (with the option of moving back onto the staff if he fails). 

I think we have churned over far too many managers in the last few seasons and I think that Bullen offers the stability that I think we need and, I’m guessing, that Mr C craves. Surely, Bullen has the contacts within football to assemble an effective management team that could support him? 

Sorry please don't think me rude but if bullen is given the mangers job and fails, stepping back is not an option. No new manager in anything ( business or sport) ever wants the last bloke around.  It just doesn't work (read Michael Vaughn's ashes account/autobiography, to get a very comprehensive and blunt summary of the Nasser Hussain issues and subsequent retirement).

1 hour ago, Prutton Away said:

Sorry please don't think me rude but if bullen is given the mangers job and fails, stepping back is not an option. No new manager in anything ( business or sport) ever wants the last bloke around.  It just doesn't work (read Michael Vaughn's ashes account/autobiography, to get a very comprehensive and blunt summary of the Nasser Hussain issues and subsequent retirement).

Fair point 

If Bullen got the job and we lost the first give games or whatever I can see why people might worry about ‘a legend being hounded out’ etc but really I’d be more worried about the fact we’d lost the first five games. People have very odd priorities - it’s frightening.

Given what is being said about experience , I wonder how any Manager gets a job .They all have to start somewhere and be given that first chance . Bully has more than served his apprenticeship ,has honesty , integrity and no little skill , knowledge and tactical awareness  as well as having good working relationships with the players .

Some of those being suggested on here have even less success and experience than Josh .

As an interim appointment with a rolling short term contract and until someone with real credentials turns up , Bully may be worth a try .

Bullens point about not changing too much is valid. Which is why we need someone of a similar philosophy.

For me I think we need someone the players respond to. That was evident in jos. Whether that’s Bullen long term who knows. But whether Bullen can operate in the transfer market is new territory. 

If it was me I think I’d be looking at someone more experienced and with a bit more clout (no disrespect) but I think that we may see Bullen given the job but with the real brief being to see how it goes by Sept/October.

On 17/07/2019 at 23:41, poite said:

I know there's so many reasons to disagree with what I'm about to say but I genuinely don't think the fans would. If bullen was in charge and the results were miserable I think Wednesday fans have too much respect for him to ever turn on him. Similar to someone like solskjaer at man u.

Secondly, I genuinely don't think bullen would ever let it come to that. The man has far to much respect for the club and himself. He'd simply put his hands up, say he's not up to the job and keep going whilst a suitable replacement was found. 

I honestly believe that 

Poite , I genuinely hope that we never get the chance to find out

Bullen is great behind the scenes and is everybody's friend and loyal as they come

He would have a great honeymoon for a few matches and then the cracks would start to appear especially with such a big squad

Leave him as he is 

He has no contacts in the game and when things aren't going right he is tactically inept 

I dont get this let's give him a chance thing

By the time he got sacked we would be well off the pace again  when really we should be top 6 all day long with this squad 

I'm praying that Chansiri doesn't drop into the trap 

17 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Given what is being said about experience , I wonder how any Manager gets a job .They all have to start somewhere and be given that first chance . Bully has more than served his apprenticeship ,has honesty , integrity and no little skill , knowledge and tactical awareness  as well as having good working relationships with the players .

Some of those being suggested on here have even less success and experience than Josh .

As an interim appointment with a rolling short term contract and until someone with real credentials turns up , Bully may be worth a try .

And waste another season in the championship

Absolutely no chance 

Do we have to go through this every time we want a manager twice bullen has been overlooked. The reason for this is simple he is not the man for the job, anybody who thinks he should be given a go should stop living in the past and see what is best for wednesday and not let your heart rule you head

1 hour ago, Bluey9 said:

And waste another season in the championship

Absolutely no chance 

Guarantees we're going up with a proven manager anyway.? 

So we could quite easily "waste" another season in the championship. 

Edited by DELUDED OWL

We are a mid table team. 

Have been for more than 2 years and those players are getting even older now. A few freebies won’t change a thing.

we are heading for mid table no matter who is in charge. It will be another pleasant, relaxing season next season. We won’t go down , we won’t go up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

Seems Bullen is now blocking people on twitter who don't want him to be manager, when did he turn into Nixon? 

He needs a thicker skin to be manager.

He would proper step into the firing line.

Big risk for him and for us. He is unproven and doubt is to be expected. 

14 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We are a mid table team. 

Have been for more than 2 years and those players are getting even older now. A few freebies won’t change a thing.

we are heading for mid table no matter who is in charge. It will be another pleasant, relaxing season next season. We won’t go down , we won’t go up.

If that is our ambition then I think DC should ensure the ticket prices reflect this. I don't think the expectations amongst the fanbase will be mid table mediocracy at all. 

51 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Guarantees we're going up with a proven manager anyway.? 

So we could quite easily "waste" another season in the championship. 

If we pick a seasoned campaigner with some clout and contacts the percentages would be much higher than picking a likeable no hoper 

Who is loved by everyone at the club but just isn't the right man for the job 

Edited by Bluey9