Bullen interview

I'd give it him but hopefully the club will look after him if it doesn't work out so we don't have a Dooley situation, but if he excepts it it's a decision for him, would he want to go back in the ranks and work for another manager if he fails 

5 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

6 months isn’t a lot of time to go from thinking you’re not the man to get us to the Premier League, to thinking your are.

:huh:

If I recall he said he didn’t want it in January 2018 just before Luhukay was appointed. Can’t remember him specifically saying he didn’t want it in December, pretty sure everyone knew Bruce was coming in. Might be wrong though. 

12 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

6 months isn’t a lot of time to go from thinking you’re not the man to get us to the Premier League, to thinking your are.

:huh:

Most players are injury free now, some have gone, some are off the naughty step...loads of time to change ya mind

I reckon the players are as pist off about the Bruce situation as the fans but also seem to want to pull together to show they don't need him and can have just a good season without.. For me, just thinking of Bruce would motivate me to do better now he's gone. 

This is so depressing

Lee Bullen brings a lot to the club and I’m very grateful for his presence, especially at times like this. He’s no manager though and it’s amazing how many people are happy to chuck him the most important job at the club just because he’s loyal etc.

:sad:

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

This is so depressing

Lee Bullen brings a lot to the club and I’m very grateful for his presence, especially at times like this. He’s no manager though and it’s amazing how many people are happy to chuck him the most important job at the club just because he’s loyal etc.

Excellent post. He is not the man we need to take us forward. Would be a disaster for him and us. 

1 hour ago, gazzamk2 said:

Let Bully have a go. 

Wednesday through and through and he's gathered knowledge and experience from our other managers over the years.

If he's ready to accept the responsibility, give him a chance I say.

I would LOVE us to go up with a true Wednesday legend at the helm 

Name one appointment from within that's worked here. We need a tried and tested manager not someone who just pulls at the heart strings, with no contacts, no proper backroom staff it would be a nightmare not only for us but for him ss well

The out of work managers don’t inspire me, I’m not sure they’d inspire the players! I wouldn’t be against Bullen in the short term but there’s no denying it’s a big risk for us and him.

i still think we have a very good squad who should be pushing top half/play offs, Bruce did the obvious things last season, key players such as Westwood came back in(Bullen made that call) and we went a long way.

32 minutes ago, Sonny said:

This is so depressing

The list of supposed candidates for the job is even more depressing unfortunately.

I see Holloway has also thrown his hat into the ring. Fair dos to him but would not be my first choice. Wouldn't mind Monk but it might depend upon the exact circumstances of his transfer dealings at previous clubs which I believe have been called into question.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

The list of supposed candidates for the job is even more depressing unfortunately.

That’s just some names gathered together by the bookies. Successful managers are found by clubs every season and I don’t think their criteria will generally be ‘oh well he’s been hanging around for a while and the obvious names don’t look great so let’s just give it him’. It’s no wonder we are not a successful club.

1 hour ago, Kraschenbern said:

Bullen isn't the worst choice out there. I wouldn't be too upset if it was him. 

Whoever gets it their team talk is sorted for the whole season....

"Go make Steve Bruce regret his decision".

No experience 

No contacts 

Absolutely gutted if he becomes manager 

Just now, Sonny said:

That’s just some names gathered together by the bookies. Successful managers are found by clubs every season and I don’t think their criteria will generally be ‘oh well he’s been hanging around for a while and the obvious names don’t look great so let’s just give it him’. It’s no wonder we are not a successful club.

Personally can’t see DC taking a manager from another club, don’t think that’s in his nature. That’s how to get the best managers in my opinion.

I see what you mean, but the advantage Bullen has got is that he’s not failed anywhere else yet. All these other managers have. Might count for something.

22 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Biggs on twitter massively advocating Bullen for the job and saying about getting Chris Turner to come in and work with him. fizz me. Also didn’t Biggs write Bullens book with him? No wonder he is shouting Bullens name for the job. 

Biggs is just talking from his own point of view, entitled to his opinion like us 

I am though a bit surprised he’s advocating Bullen without giving a thought as to wether DC values him more as a club man,  what happens if it goes wrong and DC has to lose a trusted employee ? I honestly think it will play a part,  and the fan base tearing him to shreds if/when it goes wrong and believe me they would .... Memories of lifting that trophy at millennium stadium or not , he’d be hounded out without a moments thought from half of fanbase first sign of trouble