Bullen interview

6 hours ago, ... said:

Honesty mate have you forgot the last performances when he was manager especially the drubbing, Bullen would be the cheap no ambition option, similar to Shreeves and Yorath.

I thought we won 3 games ont bounce in between Jos and Agnew coming in? 

Drubbing was time before. 

Over 2 years ago where Bullen now has vastly more experience. Think about 2 years in the context of your career, you learn a lot, maybe... 

Guest mkowl
46 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

He's outlasted a a few managers now, maybe its a case of being the power behind the throne.  

I would say more the consistency behind the throne 

I don't know perhaps as you grow older you accept where you are and happy with it - that the top job comes with potential rewards but a huge risk. But enough about myself lol

It would be a mistake given Bullen the job in my opinion. His best role is on the coaching team and to be the friendly face linking manager to fans. If he became manager I doubt he would be so open and happy with fans on Twitter. 

When we lost 3-0 at hull he openly said they didn’t know what they were doing so it would be worrying if he was given the job full time. 

People saying give him the job would be the same people turning on him and wanting him out if we go on a bad run. I really don’t want that to happen and result in him leaving the club all together. Keep him on the coaching staff but please DC don’t give him the managers job. 

10 hours ago, offalyowl said:

Honestly wouldn't mind him getting the job because he is Sheffield wednesday through and through 

Only negged it mate for one simple reason. I'm of the total opposite view. I'd hate it, & I mean hate it if it went t1ts up at some point. Our fans, like many others I suppose can get quite rotten when the going gets really tough and goodwill only lasts so long. Bully is a fantastic bloke, done everything for this club & I think it would kill him to hear fans booing etc. The good times can get easily lost & we focus on the negative. He's a top class fella both on & off the field.

Please DC keep Bully close, but not that close.

10 hours ago, Kanye West said:

We're definitely lucky to have him, safe pair of hands for the time being until a new manager comes in.

Loyalty is a rare thing in football.  Bullen has it running through his veins .

• Like 1

some of the performances under Bullen where very poor, Burton and Hull for example. When things are going well I think Bullen would be great but when they aren’t going good I think he would struggle for ideas. He himself said against Hull something along the lines of the players didn’t know what they where doing. Please DC just keep him as a coach, don’t ruin ours and the clubs great relationship with Bullen. 

28 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

some of the performances under Bullen where very poor, Burton and Hull for example. When things are going well I think Bullen would be great but when they aren’t going good I think he would struggle for ideas. He himself said against Hull something along the lines of the players didn’t know what they where doing. Please DC just keep him as a coach, don’t ruin ours and the clubs great relationship with Bullen. 

Wasn't Hull dumb and dumber? 

10 hours ago, poite said:

I know there's so many reasons to disagree with what I'm about to say but I genuinely don't think the fans would. If bullen was in charge and the results were miserable I think Wednesday fans have too much respect for him to ever turn on him. Similar to someone like solskjaer at man u.

Secondly, I genuinely don't think bullen would ever let it come to that. The man has far to much respect for the club and himself. He'd simply put his hands up, say he's not up to the job and keep going whilst a suitable replacement was found. 

I honestly believe that 

I do think a section of the fans would turn on him if results were bad and they would be loud and abusive. Maybe he would put his hands up and say it wasn't for him but I'd prefer not to put him in that position.

I don't think he wants the job but as a true servant he will step in and hold the fort until we appoint someone.

Don't underestimate DC he might surprise us with an excellent appointment.

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What a bloke Lee Bullen is. True Wednesday legend. Steps in when the club and players need him the most and conducts himself fantastically. 

The only reason I don’t want him appointed is because I’d hate to see any Wednesdayite turn on him if it started going wrong. The man just simply wouldn’t deserve that. 

This a million times over. Proper decent bloke and what we need right now but not permanently. 

3 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

It would be a mistake given Bullen the job in my opinion. His best role is on the coaching team and to be the friendly face linking manager to fans. If he became manager I doubt he would be so open and happy with fans on Twitter. 

When we lost 3-0 at hull he openly said they didn’t know what they were doing so it would be worrying if he was given the job full time. 

Who was in charge for that one...had Agnew not come in then  ..I can't remember ...old age

Edited by kazads
Spelling

13 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What a bloke Lee Bullen is. True Wednesday legend. Steps in when the club and players need him the most and conducts himself fantastically. 

The only reason I don’t want him appointed is because I’d hate to see any Wednesdayite turn on him if it started going wrong. The man just simply wouldn’t deserve that. 

This in a nutshell. Deserves a second post.

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Bullen now favourite on Sky bet 

I reckon he will be favourite for a while. It seems a very stagnant market at the moment and with no real speculation doing the rounds as to who the next manager will be, it’ll continue to be so. Everyone’s guessing at the moment?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

14 hours ago, Bring Back Beni said:

He maybe ready for this job but never proved in doing business in the transfer market

The original model DC wanted to implement was a director of football and head coach continental approach. 

Maybe the appearance of meggo was so DC could sound him out as possible director with bullen as head coach?? 

Looking at some of the names and odds being banded about, I don't think it would be a bad idea to be fair. 

• Like 1