Bullen interview

59 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

You learn from your mistakes and he’ll be learning every day been within the set up. I do think he’s much more prepared now than the previous times he’s had to step in like this. I’d absolutely love it if he took this on and succeeded.

F.uck Bruce and his weasels!

You seriously want the job to be given to Bullen? 

Guest LondonOwl313
44 minutes ago, poite said:

I know there's so many reasons to disagree with what I'm about to say but I genuinely don't think the fans would. If bullen was in charge and the results were miserable I think Wednesday fans have too much respect for him to ever turn on him. Similar to someone like solskjaer at man u.

Secondly, I genuinely don't think bullen would ever let it come to that. The man has far to much respect for the club and himself. He'd simply put his hands up, say he's not up to the job and keep going whilst a suitable replacement was found. 

I honestly believe that 

And that’s exactly why he can’t be manager.. all teams go through ups and downs. If he was to avoid it going wrong he’d end up having to resign if we had a few bad results so it just wouldn’t last a full season unless we were somehow close to automatic all season

1 hour ago, robowl4life said:

If he ends up with it yeah I’ll back him all the way.

Honesty mate have you forgot the last performances when he was manager especially the drubbing, Bullen would be the cheap no ambition option, similar to Shreeves and Yorath.

1 hour ago, ... said:

Honesty mate have you forgot the last performances when he was manager especially the drubbing, Bullen would be the cheap no ambition option, similar to Shreeves and Yorath.

Remember the 2 wins and 2 draws, one of latter v unlucky v West Brom, very well. Odd you seem to have forgotten them. 

• Like 1

Anytime Bullen is mentioned in a positive light it turns in to debate about the merits of him managing. For the record, I can not for the life of me understand those who see him as having no value.

We should set that talk aside and be grateful we have him in his current capacity. It’s premature, surely for Bullen to ever be in contention here he’d need several seasons away from Hillsborough and a degree of success. I’m in no rush to see him leave.

I reckon if you asked DC he’d rate Bullen as one of his most valuable employees and rightfully so. In fact, if DC had an off-field version of Bully we’d be in a much better place.

Bullen is a safe pair of hands for times like this, The players trust and respect him, it’s evident by the way we’ve shown no sign of chaos dispute the disruptions to our preparations.

Edited by Morepork

Not sure if Bullen is the right man for the job? But no one can deny the guys passion for the club. Loyal to the end which means everything after the last week. If he is not the next manage then the in coming manager should be told in the nicest way that Mr Bullen needs to be appointed as one of your main assistants.

Really hope the Chairman and Bullen get a huge reception for our first home game - both deserve it.

5 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Wow the emotions on this site are unbelievable. 

Bullen is is one of the best club men we have ever had and he needs to stay around but one passionate Interview and people are kissing his boots saying make him manager.  Absolutely barmy and everyone on this thread is basing that purely on emotions running high with Bruce doing the dirty and Lee being the loyal guy he is.  

We need a proper manager in, he isn’t a manager, he is a great clubman but wow our fans make judgement far too much on emotions. 

Genuinely speaking how does someone become a proper manager? 

Hughton spent years as an assistant/coach, Eddie Howe was given the opportunity as was Sean Dyche having spent 5 years as a coach at Watford before a year as manager. I'm not saying Bullen deserves the job (he did ok when he took over from Jos mind) but how do you become a manager without someone taking a punt on you? It's essentially how the game works. 

It would be an interesting appointment and a man who understands how as a fanbase we work. My only reservation is that if he takes the job and performs poorly then theres really no going back to 'Coach Bullen' and he's a huge part of the off the field stability we have remaining.

I think Bullen is a very similar figure to what Alan Curtis was as at Swansea. Player, Coach, Caretaker Manager etc. A solid influence and personality around the club. Curtis never seemed too keen to be the Main Man at Swansea and I don’t believe Bullen is too different to him? That said I do expect Bullen to have his longest caretaker stint in charge to date.

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

You need guys like Bullen. 

Really is the backbone of the club. 

True. You just have to have one of those sergeant major types who you can trust when things go wrong. Doesn't make a great big noise out of himself, just gets things back in shape. I'm sure he's a good mentor to our younger players as well.

Guest mkowl

I am sure he has ambitions like we all do, but perhaps he just enjoys the world as it is right now. 

Within the football world, get the day to day vibe of the dressing room but no real pressure on you if it goes wrong. 

4 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Maybe a good first team coach along side him Stuart Gray ?

This would work for me. 

Then, as we PTL, the entire stadium could bop all the way to the Prem ..... cue Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs ...

”Matty told Hatty/ bout a thing she saw/ had two big horns/ and a woolly jaw

WOOLY BULLYYYYY!”

we might manage a fortnight before Derby nick it 

19 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I am sure he has ambitions like we all do, but perhaps he just enjoys the world as it is right now. 

Within the football world, get the day to day vibe of the dressing room but no real pressure on you if it goes wrong. 

He's outlasted a a few managers now, maybe its a case of being the power behind the throne.