Bullen interview

I would imagine he’s learnt quite a bit from various managers and for the time being he can just keep giving the instructions that Bruce did. I don’t think Bruce really complicated matters. 

Hes said previously that he didn’t feel he was up for/right for the job when we started getting beaten. I think it genuinely upsets him too much so that would be a reason to keep him where he is and being someone in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I would imagine he’s learnt quite a bit from various managers and for the time being he can just keep giving the instructions that Bruce did. I don’t think Bruce really complicated matters. 

Hes said previously that he didn’t feel he was up for/right for the job when we started getting beaten. I think it genuinely upsets him too much so that would be a reason to keep him where he is and being someone in. 

I think he just couldn't bare it if we all turned on him for losing football matches.

He wont take the job full time.

Ultimate club man, can be relied on and wears his heart on his sleeve and am sure the chairman will value and respect him

As far as owt else goes i don’t think he’s an option for permanent head coach at this time, this is a huge job and we need to give our selfs the BEST chance of succeeding and that’s getting a manager in with the experience to get out of this division 

All he said was ‘as it stands me or someone else to choose the Reading line up’

Don’t think there’s owt to read into that 

36 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There is probably something in that, and it might be to do with our pursuit of Newcastle through the courts. 

I think this might indeed be an Azerbaijan land of fire scenario playing out again albeit with slightly different factors.

I hope he doesn’t get the job, personally I don’t think he’s quite up to the job of being full time manager but also if we get to the point where we have to sack him that would be the end of his time with us and I really don’t want that to happen. He needs to be kept around the club and management would be the beginning of the end of that. 

He’s the perfect interim manager, but we probably need someone else to come in and take the reigns off him if we’re looking at promotion. If we have to be patient to get the right man in, I’m sure Bullen can at least make a decent start to the season in charge. 

I’d also suggest the chairman knows his value behind the scenes, and he would hate to have to fire him if it didn’t work out 

I don’t see Chansiri taking the risk of losing him to be honest

I wonder if a part of him thinks 'what if' he put his neck on the line and wanted it full time? 'What if' he got us up?

Then again 'what if' it goes belly up and the fans turn on him.

If Bullen is to lead us into the early part of this season then he'll need some help from an experienced head.  The Stuart Gray shout is very decent.

I don't think he's the long term answer, but then again there's not much long term thinking in Football anymore. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Who chose them though ?? Finally added sime pace and width . Preseason has actually gone well so far. Morale wise I think Bullen would be great. Needs a good tactician to work with. Is Gray available? ?:Chansiri:

No I’m with you, on all of that. Think though, there still has to be a recruitment team. Our best signing for a long while, Hector, I can’t believe Jos will have brought him here.

Guest gizowl

Rather than make a hasty decision if we can't get our first choice of manager, Hughton or Stendel,then we could do worse than to bring in a couple of coaches to work alongside Bullen  Stuart Gray would be brilliant. 

Guest wilyfox

Unless a strong candidate emerges from nowhere, I can see Bullen taking the first few games. If Hughton isn't interested, no-one else sticks out at the moment. I don't know whether Lee aspires to manage someday or not, but he has served his apprenticeship. He's had a variety of coaches to learn from; the defensive organisation of Gray, the technicality of Carlos' philosophy, combined with the experience & know how of Bruce and his assistcunts. 

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Unless a strong candidate emerges from nowhere, I can see Bullen taking the first few games. If Hughton isn't interested, no-one else sticks out at the moment. I don't know whether Lee aspires to manage someday or not, but he has served his apprenticeship. He's had a variety of coaches to learn from; the defensive organisation of Gray, the technicality of Carlos' philosophy, combined with the experience & know how of Bruce and his assistcunts. 

Agreed and this is the other thing, we don't want anyone coming in and ripping up the progress made over the last few months. Just needs ticking along with a few tweaks, maybe move 2or 3 out and bring in a couple. 

Guest LondonOwl313

Doubt Gray would be up for coming here as assistant again.. it’s a bit of a come down from being manager and he’s already been sacked by Chansiri once. You could argue it was harsh as he got us well organised and comfortably mid table. Couldn’t have expected him to do any more with the complete lack of quality we had in forward areas at the time 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What a bloke Lee Bullen is. True Wednesday legend. Steps in when the club and players need him the most and conducts himself fantastically. 

The only reason I don’t want him appointed is because I’d hate to see any Wednesdayite turn on him if it started going wrong. The man just simply wouldn’t deserve that. 

I know there's so many reasons to disagree with what I'm about to say but I genuinely don't think the fans would. If bullen was in charge and the results were miserable I think Wednesday fans have too much respect for him to ever turn on him. Similar to someone like solskjaer at man u.

Secondly, I genuinely don't think bullen would ever let it come to that. The man has far to much respect for the club and himself. He'd simply put his hands up, say he's not up to the job and keep going whilst a suitable replacement was found. 

I honestly believe that 

Edited by poite