Odds For The New Manager

26 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really am concerned that Dc will think he will stay well clear of British managers and go back to appointing unknown foreign ones. There really isn’t a lot of choice of out of work quality managers. Guess Hughton is the obvious choice but I wouldn’t be against someone like Cowley. 

Me too.

One of the main reasons we improved under Bruce was that after listening to Carlos & Jos talking in riddles the players were given straight forward instructions & knew what they should be doing.

Whoa, we’re discussing some crazy shît on this thread. 

Ashley just given us £4 million and somebody’s brought up Adkins. That’s about 4 levels down from Zola in the ridicules pyramid scale.   

• Haha 1

Guest domSWFC

I'd take a chance on Cowley. 

But I think we'll get Karanka, Rowett or Hughton. 

I do miss the crazy shiz Carlos came out with though. 

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

Me too.

One of the main reasons we improved under Bruce was that after listening to Carlos & Jos talking in riddles the players were given straight forward instructions & knew what they should be doing.

100% agree. We need someone like Bruce but not Bruce ;-)

Hughton or a punt on Cowley for me. Wouldn't go for the Barnsley manager. Moyes is a name for the post. They all seem to play percentage football though. A foreign manager? After thinking about it our last two foreign appointments were just poor as nobody had really heard of them. They had no stock. There are calls not to appoint a 'foreign' manager but it should be a 'no stock foreign manager'. Wolves appointed a Porto manager. Champions league experience and all. Carlos and Joss didn't have a CV as such. And Bruce had the promotion form but the glaring thing that seemed to be missed was the resignations. This history is important. So, only a few stand out at the bookies and any manager from abroad needs to have something which can show what they have done. 

Edited by basegreenowl
  • Like 1

Sky Bet list gets more interesting, Mikel Arteta has entered betting. Think it would mean we may get a couple of select loan signings if nothing else. 

Giovanni Van Bronckhurst  name has also appeared. He did well in Dutch league.

I get feeling DC will want to pull something good off that will make some people take notice. For example recruiting s manager who rejected Newcastle.

• Like 1

Tedesco did well at Schalke to start with

Firmly believe it will be a domestic gaffer whos out of work though, that odds list is a load of garbage , people having a few quid on random names.... Alain Perrin ? come on now 

5 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Zola would be the quickest way for Chansiri to lose all the good feeling he’s received in the past week.

Not my choice by a long way but better than Keane or O'Neill. 

I'd rather have Bullen in charge than some of names mentioned. 

Hughton or Monk for me, I can't see Chansiri going for a young inexperienced manager.