Odds For The New Manager

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hughton, Karanka, Cowley. Any of those 3, we don't have the squad to play the open expansive football of a Jokanovic, feel we'd be better suited with one of the 3.

Fair point 

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Said this a few times unless I have missed anything I think that name needs crossing off instantly as a non starter 

if chanisiri isn’t happy with what bruce did I very much doubt he will have any time for Pearson after he helped with the whole George Hirst debacle. 

Does anyone really think he will touch him with a barge pole? 

Might as well stick that tenner down the drain kev

Pearson didn’t help with George Hirst, everyone knows who it was they just don’t wanna admit it 

Hughton or Rowett would make sense in terms of their style and the players we have. 

Stendel exciting but would need more time to shape the squad.

Karanka, too similar to Carlos would be bad for odubajo and Harris. 

End of the day these things are a bit of a roll of the dice but as long as they don’t fall out with most of the senior squad like Jos did they might have a chance.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Hughton or Rowett would make sense in terms of their style and the players we have. 

Stendel exciting but would need more time to shape the squad.

Karanka, too similar to Carlos would be bad for odubajo and Harris. 

End of the day these things are a bit of a roll of the dice but as long as they don’t fall out with most of the senior squad like Jos did they might have a chance.

Rowett worries me. Really struggled with Stoke and Derby. Playing style was depressing and negative. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Rowett worries me. Really struggled with Stoke and Derby. Playing style was depressing and negative. 

I’d be very underwhelmed if it was Rowett.

Monk, Moyes and Karanka I can cope with as I can see them doing ok for us 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Struggled at Stoke but always difficult to tell when a team is relegated. 

Birmingham were up there on a shoe string. Derby ultimately failed in the playoffs but it’s better than our last couple  of seasons.

Granted on style, looked poor in playoff semi. Don’t think there’s an ideal choice outside Hughton but that kind of style is what we are built for currently.

Sheffield Wednesday Chariman Delphon Chansiri has moved fast to replace departing head dinner lady Steve Bruce by appointing the previously untested Chris Houghton. Chris was previously the manager of Smiths Doors and Lighting in Pennistone but was appointed by Chansiri due to a number of fans calling for the appointment on Social Media. “In the past we have looked across Europe for someone with footballing experience and a track record of success, but this time we wanted to return the faith showed by the fans by going for the man they want. The name Chris Houghton kept coming up on Owlstalk and so despite the fact that he really has no qualifications, I decided to go out and get him.