Wow (NUFC Fans Forum)

People keep saying it's about money and pure greed, but come on, it's his boyhood club. He'll probably never get opportunity to manage them again, he's not exactly young

Not surprising if he takes it, don't blame him either. Although, I do feel it's the wrong move for him, but heart rules over head

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If it had been a player we'd signed in January for free and were now selling for a few mil it'd be good business and money to be spent elsewhere. It's not the end of the world providing that we replace with similar quality, and dont feel tempted to go down the unknown foreign head coach yes man route. Would expect some compo for the Steve's he brought in too.

4 hours ago, camffiti said:

Sign a 3 year contract and get your compo after 6 months, when the new owners appoint Sheera Sheera.jpg.2c0282864e82835fef3292a5ff5e275f.jpg

we’re all missing the most important fact in this forum.... 

this is CHEETARA not She-Ra !!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Newcastle have a couple of winnable games in August: Norwich away and Watford home.

Take 6 points from those and the fans will be right behind him.

Id back watford to beat them home or away. Hope so anyway!!

25 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

If it had been a player we'd signed in January for free and were now selling for a few mil it'd be good business and money to be spent elsewhere. It's not the end of the world providing that we replace with similar quality, and dont feel tempted to go down the unknown foreign head coach yes man route. Would expect some compo for the Steve's he brought in too.

One player leaving is totally different to the man in charge of the team. If he goes then we need to make sure the new man is in within a week, can't be playing catch up - again!

6 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

One player leaving is totally different to the man in charge of the team. If he goes then we need to make sure the new man is in within a week, can't be playing catch up - again!

Unfortunately if he does leave, we without doubt will be playing catch up and at a disadvantage before we’ve even kicked a ball compared with where we would have been.

Edited by Spookone

One last payday at a big lumbering home town club where he will be on a hiding to nothing except relegation or the sack by Christmas....The job is too big a task for Bruce or anyone that dare to go there.

Bruce must know this so if he loves them that much, is it better to not get involved? Not for a man cashing his chips in...

i just wish he would leave now and let us get our man in time for the start of the season.

Its not the Steve Bruce leaving bit that does for me,more the fact that we will have wasted a six months pre season to prepare for this campaign.I feel for Delphon more than anything,he listened ,tried to put things right ,then has to go through it all again.

The players have had six months to get used to him and his ways and now it looks like they are having to do it all again.

No one seems to have spoken to any of our playing staff. I have yet to hear or read a comment from any of them, and, let's face it, THEY are the ones who matter in the long run.

They  are the ones who  have to go onto the field and put in a performance, and , hopefully, do it for themselves, the fans and the club.

Having worked in an industry which changed its Managers almost as often as one changes one's underpants,  I know to some degree that a change of Manageer can make a lot of difference, but eventually it's the Workman, who doesn't move as often as the Manager, who still has to produce the goods, irrespective of who's in charge. 

In football, a Manager by any name  can ask his players to play a certain way, but eventually, it's the Man on the Field who has to do it.

Whoever is in the Technical Area, or even the Director's Box, can only advise. Managers don't make players, its the other way around.

What does the Playing Staff at S6 feel? 

3 hours ago, smhouston said:

People keep saying it's about money and pure greed, but come on, it's his boyhood club. He'll probably never get opportunity to manage them again, he's not exactly young

Not surprising if he takes it, don't blame him either. Although, I do feel it's the wrong move for him, but heart rules over head

He's been offered it before twice and turned them down both times so I don't really buy the "Boyhood Club" excuse

5 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Newcastle have a couple of winnable games in August: Norwich away and Watford home.

Take 6 points from those and the fans will be right behind him.

I think you're being a little bit optimistic there. The level of disappointment about losing Rafa, dissatisfaction with replacing him with a cheaper lower league option and the overall hatred of Ashley means they could win the first 5 or 6 on the bounce but watch how quickly that changes when they lose a couple. Bruce is on a hiding to nothing, how many managers start a job day 1 already hated by or disappointing the vast majority of the fan base?

Take a miracle for him to survive and turn it around. 

Edited by Nick the Owl

4 hours ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

It's more the upheaval of Bruce and his team leaving, his methods taken on board by the players which will now change, and his summer recruitment possibly not being what the new man wants. Our new man will be without a pre-season with the players, it's pretty much guaranteed to ensure we start off the season in a bit of disarray - and that affects results.

Much bigger than selling a player who has been here 6 months.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

No one seems to have spoken to any of our playing staff. I have yet to hear or read a comment from any of them, and, let's face it, THEY are the ones who matter in the long run.

They  are the ones who  have to go onto the field and put in a performance, and , hopefully, do it for themselves, the fans and the club.

Having worked in an industry which changed its Managers almost as often as one changes one's underpants,  I know to some degree that a change of Manageer can make a lot of difference, but eventually it's the Workman, who doesn't move as often as the Manager, who still has to produce the goods, irrespective of who's in charge. 

In football, a Manager by any name  can ask his players to play a certain way, but eventually, it's the Man on the Field who has to do it.

Whoever is in the Technical Area, or even the Director's Box, can only advise. Managers don't make players, its the other way around.

What does the Playing Staff at S6 feel? 

"hopefully, do it for themselves, the fans and the club."

if only that was the case, only have to look at last season to see how players change when being managed by somebody else.