Wow (NUFC Fans Forum)

7 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

To be fair it is a premier league job offer only a Wednesday fan would turn down and with the compensation we could replace him with better like Jokanovic or invest it in the squad that’s a win win in my book.

I’ve never met a Geordie I didn’t like.

If that was the case, that NUFC were offering enough compensation to replace Bruce with better, then it would have been settled. The whole issue is that they want Bruce on the cheap whilst leaving us up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

12 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If that was the case, that NUFC were offering enough compensation to replace Bruce with better, then it would have been settled. The whole issue is that they want Bruce on the cheap whilst leaving us up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

Mike Ashley being cheap, in other news water is wet.

• Haha 1

I would love Steve Bruce to stay because I think he's our best chance of getting promoted to the premier league, there aren't many more about that I would take, that opinion won't change if he leaves.

If he leaves for Newcastle then good luck to him, I understand why he would, he's a Newcastle fan and might want to try and get them going, I would do the same if it was the other way round.

I think the decision would be more difficult for him if our own house was in order.

10 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

It's more the upheaval of Bruce and his team leaving, his methods taken on board by the players which will now change, and his summer recruitment possibly not being what the new man wants. Our new man will be without a pre-season with the players, it's pretty much guaranteed to ensure we start off the season in a bit of disarray - and that affects results.

Much bigger than selling a player who has been here 6 months.

Every point absolutely spot on. Look at wilderbeast as a force multiplier. On paper a L1 squad driven to the PL. Value of a god manager is understated. Typical curse of Wednesday 

• Like 1