Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Not very often I agree with you bobness but your kind of right. I think hardball has t been best for us in the past, I do think it’s right now though.

bruce could be worth much more than 5 or even 10 mill because he’s the only slim chance we have of going up so no amount of compo is goi g to be enough for this. 

Now fact might be Chansiri is stumbling into that decision jist by being stubborn but this time it’s right for us to be stubborn. 

Btw I still don’t believe it’s gone much further than them enquiring and us telling him to go away but....

Really? Steve Bruce is the only chance we have of going up because he's going to potentially leave 3 weeks

before the season starts?

Jesus, anyone would think he's the only manager on the planet FFS

1 minute ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Exactly.

If DC plays hardball enough to scupper the deal then logically it should be because he believes Bruce will still do a good job for us in spite of any disappointment he may feel at not going to Newcastle.

Life's full of disappointments..if he doesn't get his way he'll have to get his nut down and earn his £2 million here..the poor lamb..

• Haha 2

Sky are now reporting there is a snag.

Chansiri needs to stand his ground here. I genuinely don’t think £5m is excessive. Lampard moved from Derby to Chelsea for around £4m. So with 3 week too the season I don’t think £5m from a Premier League side is too much at all.

1 hour ago, keepitsteel89 said:

look..i am restating what this guy has said hes a university lecturer at liverpool, yes he has a twitter account lo.. but if you want to disprove him thats fine, nothing wrong with that..but you have to actually come up with prove and counterarguments mate.. do you understand that?

like hard facts to back your points up, numbers, screenshots.. come on lol ffs I am no gonna argue with you when your just coming back saying "oh thats not true" or "that lecturer dosnt know what hes on about"

If my company sells something the purchaser can pay in cash and that goes in the bank and is shown in the accounts. Sometimes we sell something but payment isn't made straight away, the other company owes us a debt. Debts are shown in the accounts and are treated similar to cash because it is money you will receive in future.

That's all that is happening with the sale of the stadium.

End of the day Mike Ashley is a bully and Chansiri has called him out 

upto Bruce to sort his mate out and get the compo paid 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

We have no money to spend, he’s got the best record except warnock of getting teams out of this league, so yeah. I pretty much say he is. I would also say Chansiri thinks the same and that’s why he hired him.  

I would go one further and say most of our fan base think the same or else no one would give a throw about this all scenario including you. 

If hes not that good and it doesn’t matter why get so wound up?  

I’m inclined to agree. Any manager we replace Bruce with realistically will reduce our chance of promotion. Newcastle United want to take a very experienced manager off us three weeks before the season starts. They therefore either cough up the money, which as a wealthy PL club they easily have the resources to do- or they should withdraw their interest and allow us to get on with preparing for the new season. 

Either way this needs resolving by the start of next week. 

Just now, Royal_D said:

End of the day Mike Ashley is a bully and Chansiri has called him out 

upto Bruce to sort his mate out and get the compo paid 

Yep seems Bruce is desperate for Newcastle but how desperate are Newcastle for Bruce? Suck it and see time.

Just now, marcx666 said:

End of the day, is Ashley wants Bruce and his backround staff, he pays the compensation. It's really that simple. If he doesn't want to he can go play in the road

This ,  Bruce can cry all he wants really , I wouldn’t have him at Lincoln tommorow personally but Chansiri is probably thinking you deserve to face the fans and take the stick 

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

We have no money to spend, he’s got the best record except warnock of getting teams out of this league, so yeah. I pretty much say he is. I would also say Chansiri thinks the same and that’s why he hired him.  

I would go one further and say most of our fan base think the same or else no one would give a throw about this all scenario including you. 

If hes not that good and it doesn’t matter why get so wound up?  

I didn't say he wasn't good and that's why we hired him. I said he's not our ONLY chance of going up

Read before you reply

6 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

[snip]

Either way this needs resolving by the start of next week. 

There's still a ways to go in the transfer window. We shouldn't panic - the urgency is on Newcastle's side, and the onus is on them to make this happen quickly. 

I would give them a reasonable deadline and say we won't talk after that because we need to move on.

Edit: and that's not about a display of dominance. It's just common sense. You know the price: poo or get off the pot. If anyone's swinging their wee pipe it's Ashley.

Edited by WC1Owl
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

I genuinely don’t think £5m is excessive. Lampard moved from Derby to Chelsea for around £4m. So with 3 week too the season I don’t think £5m from a Premier League side is too much at all.

Lampard didn't just sign/renew a load of players contracts either.  

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Have they got a car park?

Just now, Dronfield Blue said:

I don't know to be honest :biggrin:

There's a CO OP nearby with a car park though, I remember that.

They had the fanzone last season