Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, 442 said:

He’s done at Wednesday either way now for me 

Same for me. The fact we let him start late in the job out of respect for him and his family, and we have had that thrown back in our face within a few months.

He could have killed this speculation off if he wasn’t bothered about the job , he hasn’t and I think that even if he stays he will be out quickly as the fans won’t forgive him for this 

16 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Exactly.

If DC plays hardball enough to scupper the deal then logically it should be because he believes Bruce will still do a good job for us in spite of any disappointment he may feel at not going to Newcastle.

I'm sure would still.do a good.job. It's not like he's going to be asked to stack supermarket shelves. He's still.doing something 99% of us would.love to do.

I think DC would sooner stick him on gardening leave than back down. Just ask George Hirst etc.

Just now, enjoyyourfootball said:

Same for me. The fact we let him start late in the job out of respect for him and his family, and we have had that thrown back in our face within a few months.

He could have killed this speculation off if he wasn’t bothered about the job , he hasn’t and I think that even if he stays he will be out quickly as the fans won’t forgive him for this 

Oh shut up you tail listen to yourself grow up

• Haha 2

If he doesn't go I think we would all forgive him if we win the first game! 

It happens all the time.. Players handing in transfer requests, refusing to play but then go on to play very well and all is forgiven. I think we are taking this to heart a tad too much! 

2 minutes ago, enjoyyourfootball said:

On paper we have an easy start to the season. If we’re in the top 6 by the end of August I think the vast majority of fans will have totally put this behind us. Yes, we are that fickle.

9 hours ago, Animis said:

This 1-yr rolling contract - when did it start? I can't recollect having send he'd signed at the end of the season or 1st July, so something must have been written in when he joined in January.

I imagine the compensation clause must have a sliding scale of value - so within 9/6/3 months of the end date the compo reduces accordingly?

Not sure you grasp the idea of a rolling contract. A 1 year rolling contract doesn't have an end date, each day you are effectively employed for another 365 days, it doesn't become 364 tomorrow, 363 the day after etc etc. 

Keith Downie for SSN reporting exactly what we’ve been saying most of day 

Chansiri wanting big bucks, and looks likely to get em now in my opinion because Newcastle are a sham and desperate , coming out of his transfer budget tho 

I 100% think the chairman is relishing the prospect of putting SB in a very uncomfortable position tomorrow. For what it’s worth I think the chairman will string Ashley and Bruce along until the end of the weekend. My guess is that Chansiri is lining up the replacement for Bruce once he’s got his man he will let the old mercenary go. Up the Owls! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I did read it, I just disagree and stated why I gave explanations as to why I disagreed ,  Our fans wouldn’t be so angry about him leaving if everyone thought other managers could come in and take us up.

Chill, no need to get angry because I don’t agree with you

I’m not angry Roland 

• Haha 1

After all this crap, has anyone stoped to ask the question. Has anyone actually contacted the club or bruce directly to get the story straight instead of all this "sky sports understands" balls.

Yes the club and Bruce might not respond but at least the media can then say "we contacted the club/Bruce and they declined to comment". I haven't seem a single tweet from anyone saying they tried contacting the club for comment.

Edited by agentwalker
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wmb said:

I 100% think the chairman is relishing the prospect of putting SB in a very uncomfortable position tomorrow. For what it’s worth I think the chairman will string Ashley and Bruce along until the end of the weekend. My guess is that Chansiri is lining up the replacement for Bruce once he’s got his man he will let the old mercenary go. Up the Owls! 

Chansiri is playing a blinder with this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

After all this crap, has anyone stoped to ask the question. Has anyone actually contacted the club or bruce directly to get the store straight instead of all this "sky sports understands" balls.

Yes the club and Bruce might not respond but at least the media can then say "we contacted the club/Bruce and they declined to comment". I haven't seem a single tweet from anyone saying they tried contacting the club for comment.

Don't talk daft, it's much more fun to pass judgment on pure speculation and poor journalism.

• Haha 2