Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

4 minutes ago, mogbad said:

But you'll take the word of a university lecturer who while at times gives some useful insight doesn't always get his facts right.

That was my point, he ignored me, probably was receiving a complimentary reach around from Kieran for bigging him up to the net

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Chronicle still spouting the compo isn’t £5M 

yes it is, not for Bruce alone but Chansiri is demanding compensation for the whole backroom staff 

If it wasn’t £5m it would be done by now. Even then I think Bruce and his staff are worth more to us than that, especially due to the timing, middle of the market, 3 weeks to the season. Let Ashley pay over the odds or not at all. 

1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Odds still drifting a bit on SB to Newcastle.

Moyes coming up on the rails.

Won’t be shocked if he ends up going for Moyes. If the deal starts coming close to £5m he may feel that money can be spent better elsewhere than on Bruce and just go for an unemployed manager. 

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

If it wasn’t £5m it would be done by now. Even then I think Bruce and his staff are worth more to us than that, especially due to the timing, middle of the market, 3 weeks to the season. Let Ashley pay over the odds or not at all

We've been paying over odds for his crap gear they sell at Sports Direct for years. 

4 minutes ago, londonowl said:

OMG. You stayed they got "hard cash". This shows they didn't. 

Ours show exactly the same, out debtors increased by £38m, the stadium was previously value at £22m, hence the £60m selling price.

Not only are you not getting this, your level of indignation to people trying to explain it to you shows that its just not worth arguing with you.

BTW, that Kieran fella is the same one that was trying tweeting about the trouble we were going to get into because the accounts were late when he would have known it wasn't true.

He's a sensationalist looking for exposure.

I'd give up mate. 

I think we have made his evening by replying to his inane ramblings and giving him a sense of purpose!

1 hour ago, bobness said:

Sounds nice, but how does it make sense to have a leader (and possibly a Judas) whose head isn't in it?

Then he'll get the sack. He'll get whatever his contract says he's due for that (for the sake of argument, let's say it's the whole of the remaining year's salary) and he won't be managing Newcastle.

There is no incentive here, nor any moral or common sense reason for Chansiri not to insist on the full amount in the contract that Bruce signed freely.

Edited by WC1Owl

7 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

so you backed my point up!!!!

derbys accounts you can see the money come in rite away!!! WTF is going on here is this a wind up lol

That’s precisely what didn’t happen. I’m a qualified accountant. If the money had come in straight away you would have seen cash increasing by the amount of the sale value. It is shown as an amount receivable on the balance sheet (a debtor) meaning that they are still to receive the money. I haven’t read Wednesday’s accounts but I understand the same accounting entries to have been posted, namely:

Debit Debtors £60m

Credit Land & Buildings £22m

Credit P&L £38m

Happy to help.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

That’s precisely what didn’t happen. I’m a qualified accountant. If the money had come in straight away you would have seen cash increasing by the amount of the sale value. It is shown as an amount receivable on the balance sheet (a debtor) meaning that they are still to receive the money. I haven’t read Wednesday’s accounts but I understand the same accounting entries to have been posted, namely:

Debit Debtors £60m

Credit P&L £38m

Happy to help.

He doesn;t care about you, because you are on owlstalk, he wouldn;t trust you with his money. Only some dude hes seen from twitter quoted in the Star :ph34r:

Also, that is pretty much what MKowl told him that he conveniently missed

7 minutes ago, bradowl said:

We've been paying over odds for his crap gear they sell at Sports Direct for years. 

Speak for your sen but you won’t catch me buying a Slazenger tracksuit from their 

5 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

Debit Debtors £60m

Credit P&L £38m

Happy to help.

Don’t enter the thread with such accuracy, it’s entertaining this

• Haha 2