Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, bobness said:

That's akin to saying your business strategy is "buy low sell high", it's just words mate. In actual context, show me where the hardball trend at this club has paid off. We haven't been able to shift players, on the commercial side many executive boxes have supposedly gone unsold, and I'm sure there are other examples.

Hate to say it, but it doesn't appear the club has a clue when it comes to negotiations. We've been taken for absolute mugs when it came to buying players, and expect everyone else to be equally inept when it's our turn to sell.

Can you point to a specific quibble you have with my take on this other than an overall sense that Chansiri is being unreasonable?

• Thanks 1

That's akin to saying your business strategy is "buy low sell high", it's just words mate. In actual context, show me where the hardball trend at this club has paid off. We haven't been able to shift players, on the commercial side many executive boxes have supposedly gone unsold, and I'm sure there are other examples.

Hate to say it, but it doesn't appear the club has a clue when it comes to negotiations. We've been taken for absolute mugs when it came to buying players, and expect everyone else to be equally inept when it's our turn to sell.

You can't see that we hold the aces in this situation?

Really hope Ashley agrees to pay what DC wants soon. This needs sorting ASAP. We need to move forward and forget the poo shower of a week, get a new manager in place and give ourselves the best chance of doing something next season. If Bruce was staying the club would have issued a statement by now, he shouldn’t be with the players tomorrow. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

10 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

Where's the business sense in caving? If we accept a penny less than what's in the contract, people will know next time that we will do it again.

This isn't analogous to an unrealistic player valuation. We know it's a realistic clause because Bruce signed it.

This isn't about spite or posturing. It's about honouring a deal. The whole point of the clause is to deter poaching.

Not going to comment on the George Hirst thing, it's not relevant to this.

If the pattern is one where you keep losing, it might be wise to review your strategies...

Guest Arnold
9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

This Verne guy is making it up as he goes along. 

Cause he is. Keeps changing his story

3 minutes ago, bobness said:

If the pattern is one where you keep losing, it might be wise to review your strategies...

I explained Dcs thought process behind the Hirst deal, we were offered 1 mill, which is the only ever reported figure, Tribunal would have paid more, DC left it for that reason, Leicester bent us over and he fu*cked off to their feeder club to screw the tribunal

Just now, Costello 77 said:

You can't see that we hold the aces in this situation?

I'm not suggesting we don't demand compensation, I am only saying there's a limit to how much can reasonably be asked. Digging your heels in to the extent the negotiations fall apart, and then paying out your manager's contract because now you want to sack him, is stupidity at best.

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

The guy makes his living out of making guesses mate. 

Hes going to get somethings right at some point. 

Even with this he has a fifty percent chance of being someway right. That’s what tipsters do, they pick things where they have a good chance of being right to look good. 

Old Roland is bang on this time, give u some grief lad but fair play on this occasion you are not wrong 

[snip]

I am only saying there's a limit to how much can reasonably be asked. 

[snip]

I agree. It's what's in his contract that he freely signed up to and which is not at all unusual.

I'm not suggesting we don't demand compensation, I am only saying there's a limit to how much can reasonably be asked. Digging your heels in to the extent the negotiations fall apart, and then paying out your manager's contract because now you want to sack him, is stupidity at best.

Who's sacking him.. he's under contract.. you're leaping to assumptions to make your argument.

4 minutes ago, bobness said:

The main point is they want something , badly. We don't want to sell and realistically we don't have to sell. Bruce and all his staff are hardly going to go rouge and strike, every media station, paper, the football league and prem would throw the book at him and drag his name through the dirt.

wednesday's just got to stick to it, get a shed load of cash or keep simple.

Edited by agentwalker

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Who's sacking him.. he's under contract.. you're leaping to assumptions to make your argument.

Exactly.

If DC plays hardball enough to scupper the deal then logically it should be because he believes Bruce will still do a good job for us in spite of any disappointment he may feel at not going to Newcastle.