Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

We will get another manager I reckon

Yeah but not what I was alluding to. Whilst Bruce is still here with the work he's doing and his staff, we've got a chance. If that's all halted before the season starts, with not long before the window shuts and still worries about P&S and things, that would be a nightmare start to the season, almost like last season in a way?

Just now, Bluesteel said:

It’s such poor timing for both clubs. Bruce would have hardly any time there to bring players in and we’d be back to square one also. 

I have a bad feeling the wheels are in motion though.

On the contrary I think it’s the best time of year for this to happen, as IF we need a new manager he still has a month before the season starts to work with the team and bring in his own players.  

Gutted if Bruce and thus Strudwick leave tho 

I think the market for out of work managers is far healthier than when we sacked Jos.

Doesn't mean I’d want us to lose Bruce though. 

I can’t see a scenario where Bruce leaves and his reputation with Wednesday isn’t irreparably damaged. Leaving the club 2 or 3 weeks into Pre Season will not go down well with the chairman either. I can only see him leaving if he forces the issue, because knowing his reputation with player sales, I think DC will just rebuff every approach Newcastle make. 

Edited by NeonLeon

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I also don't think Westwood would have signed a new contract if bruce leaving was in the air.

The interview with Westwood was conducted in Sheffield so was at least a week or two ago, probably more, maybe there was nothing significant in the air at that time.

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I also don't think Westwood would have signed a new contract if bruce leaving was in the air.

99% of footballers will sign for whoever gives them the most money. 

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

I think the market for out of work managers is far healthier than when we sacked Jos.

Doesn't mean I’d want us to lose Bruce though. 

I also can’t see a scenario where Bruce leaves and his reputation with Wednesday is irreparably damaged. Leaving the club 2 or 3 weeks into Pre Season will not go down well with the chairman either. I can only see him leaving if he forces the issue, because knowing his reputation with player sales, I think DC will just rebuff every approach Newcastle make. 

True..DC doesn't take prisoners...he holds them ;)

1 minute ago, vulva said:

If Bruce did go I’d take the plunge and fetch them 2 lads in from Lincoln. Their record is incredible, and they’d freshen things up. 

That is a good shout. Sort of appointment a club like Wednesday would have made 25 years ago before foriegn coaches became fashionable.

Just worry jump from Lincoln to Wednesday would be too great for them but you dont know until you appoint them.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Anyone else checking Dom’s twitter every 30 seconds waiting for him to let us know what Bruce says on the link. 

If Dom's twitter reporting on Thorniley is anything to go by I would take any tweets he makes with a pinch of salt unless they include direct quotes.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If Dom's twitter reporting on Thorniley is anything to go by I would take any tweets he makes with a pinch of salt unless they include direct quotes.

Ha ha fair point. I’m hoping for some direct quotes :-)