Norwich want Rhodes

Amazed if this comes off. 

Really hope we can get his wages off our books and use the money we'd save  for our benefit. 

Shame his signing has been an expensive failure - I always used to say,when he was scoring for fun, that if Wednesday signed him he'd dry up!! :duntmatter:

Keep him.

Hooper has already gone, Bruce clearly doesn’t fancy Winnall either and he’s been  a long term admirer of Rhodes.

In a Wednesday side that doesn’t employ the slow boring build up play that we did under Carlos and Jos he’ll score loads.

A lot of teams in the Championship are very much of a muchness, add a proven 20 goal a season striker into the mix and it can make all the difference.

• Like 2

I would imagine it would be a relatively low fee. By all accounts Norwich paid us circa one million loan fee and a 6 figure bonus on promotion (circa 500k?). Add on his wages for a season of around 1.75 million then they could argue they've already paid around 3.25 million for him. Maybe a fee of 1.75 million on top would do it. I can't realistically see us getting much more from Norwich. 

2 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

I always used to say,when he was scoring for fun, that if Wednesday signed him he'd dry up!!

I had a similar experience when I finally had some alone time with the secondary school slag

WTF:

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Keep him.

Hooper has already gone, Bruce clearly doesn’t fancy Winnall either and he’s been  a long term admirer of Rhodes.

In a Wednesday side that doesn’t employ the slow boring build up play that we did under Carlos and Jos he’ll score loads.

A lot of teams in the Championship are very much of a muchness, add a proven 20 goal a season striker into the mix and it can make all the difference.

Ive always wanted Rhodes to work for us, but being realistic its been a long time since he was a proven 20 goal a season striker.

For anyone saying sell him

We still owe Boro 4 million for him

Any sale must be enough to pay Boro off

Or I don't see the point in selling

Yeah we would save on wages but if Norwich want him, they must be told it's a minimum of 4 million, and another 2 million if they stay up

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, bobness said:

I had a similar experience when I finally had some alone time with the secondary school slag

WTF:

And the now wife said she hated that knee trembler.

10 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

For anyone saying sell him

We still owe Boro 4 million for him

Any sale must be enough to pay Boro off

Or I don't see the point in selling

Yeah we would save on wages but if Norwich want him, they must be told it's a minimum of 4 million, and another 2 million if they stay up

I think if we get a £2m initial fee plus another £2m if they stayed up, we will have done very well. 

34 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Ive always wanted Rhodes to work for us, but being realistic its been a long time since he was a proven 20 goal a season striker.

True, but then his ratio of a goal every 168 league minutes for Norwich would work out at 24 goals per season if played for 90 minutes in every game.

I'm not suggesting he's going to be 20 a season striker for us, but his goal ratio for Norwich suggests he's still got plenty to offer, especially if played in the right kind of system to suit his natural game.

I suspect neither us nor Norwich will be playing this kind of system from the start of too many games next season, but Norwich are better-equipped to have a multi-million-pound striker starting on the bench than we are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think if we get a £2m initial fee plus another £2m if they stayed up, we will have done very well. 

But doesn't the 4 million we owe Boro become payable immediately if we sell, which means we're bringing 2 million in this season, but paying out 4 milion, doesn't make financial sense to me.

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

But doesn't the 4 million we owe Boro become payable immediately if we sell, which means we're bringing 2 million in this season, but paying out 4 milion, doesn't make financial sense to me.

Exactly this, BUT ,,,,,,,,,,,,, if he isn't in SB's plans then we should get what we can for him. However, 4million ain't a lot for a prem team to stump up even if it is for someone to just come off the bench; and if he does score the half dozen goals which keeps them up then it would be a terrific investment on their part.

• Like 2