Norwich want Rhodes

Guest addedtime
54 minutes ago, Minton said:

40 games. 9 goals.

Do it again.....but goals per minute please. Then compare to any SWFC player last season 

11 minutes ago, addedtime said:

Do it again.....but goals per minute please. Then compare to any SWFC player last season 

Rhodes averaged a goal every 168 minutes of Championship football, which compares favourably with all our strikers except João, who averaged a goal every 161.

If we sell him we know that we can bring money in and free up wages. If we keep him then we've no idea what return we could get - Bruce has sounded a positive note in interviews but let's face it, playing at Wednesday just doesn't seem to suit Rhodes.

I'd sell him while Norwich are in the Premier League and therefore able to afford him. It would be a sad end but probably best for all parties, he seemed to love his season down there while he's never looked happy here.

17 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

5 million to a premier league club is ffuucckk all. Take no less and run

Last year of his contract though...not sure we'd be able to ask for that much.   

Bruce seems keen though, so win/win.  Ask for a high fee and get it? Great.  They refuse and we keep him? Great.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, fpowl said:

If rhodes is not going to be starting next year then these are the sort of deals we need to be lapping up

far too long we’ve stockpiled expensive players and kept those huge salaries sat not even making our match day squad 

we need to start getting these players off our books thankfully releasing a load last year has made huge strides into doing this

this gives us a rare opportunity to not only get another potential huge earner off our wage bill and recoup some of the money 

We’ve already recouped some of few we paid for him in the tune of over a million from Norwich In loan fee plus what ever that 6 figure bonus was 

so anywhere from 3 million I’d say is great damage limitation

hes just too expensive to be sat on the bench or in the stands so let’s cut our losses and get this squad balanced 

selling rhodes and winnal will be a big plus for us and if we can get a disable fee for Joao too this could be fundamental in reshaping our toward line allowing Bruce to bring in his own forward and getting that strike force down to four again. 

Fletcher

forestieri 

nuihiu 

New Speed and Power

thats some condenced options for us right there 

Problem with that is Forestieri is more of a wide player and is rubbish up front, and Nuhui is crap.. definitely not good enough for promotion. Only Fletcher is a starting striker

We’d need 3 new strikers if they all go... I’d have kept Hooper if he’s fit but maybe Rhodes can do a job. All comes down to the fee we’re offered.. £3-4m plus and he can go, any less than that and we’re being ripped off 

Hmmm I trust Bruce's judgment. 

He could be thinking if we can get a pair of real old style wingers.

We've had Been using inverted wingers  playing on their wrong side for crossing and playing narrow prior to Bruce's arrival. Its not condusive for getting good quick ball into the box from out wide and I think it will be something he'll hopefully address. 

This for me is the sort of service that the likes of fletcher and Rhodes thrive on, so possible if we go back in that direction we could get him firing again, but it's not guaranteed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Minton said:

40 games. 9 goals.

He only started 11 games and 2 of those were in the cup when they played their reserves. Most of those appearances he was a late sub. 

34 minutes ago, steveger said:

I still think he has a future at our club.

I'm fairly philosophical about this one, to be honest.

If Bruce reckons he can get the best out of Rhodes and he fits into our intended style of play, then I wouldn't be surprised if he did well for us next season.

On the other hand, if he's not the sort of striker Bruce is looking for and moving him on allows us to add a more suitable alternative to the squad, then so be it.