What transfer policy are you expecting?

What transfer policy are you expecting?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Our Summer...

• We'll spend over 10 million on players in their prime
    • We'll spend around 5 million on 1 or 2 players and add depth with free agents
    • Bargain basement, we'll pick up some 30+ year olds and youth players for cheap + a few loans
    • No money spent, all free transfers and loans
    • None of the above...please enlighten us with your choice

This poll is closed to new votes

What sort of transfer policy are you expecting this summer?

I thought it'd be interesting to see what different people's expectations are. 

Might as well throw a few names out there as well if you have anyone in mind.

(Assuming we're all in agreement that at least 6/7 players will be leaving this summer)

For me, Hector is a must. Maybe get him for 1/2 million with him being out on contract next summer?

Add a centre midfielder in there as well. Some big/powerful to play next to Bannan. (That could be Onomah back on loan)

Sign Lazaar on a perm.

I would then think the rest of the signings will be people out of contract like Browne (Preston) and people of that nature. 

Edited by Mr Hooper

All depends on whether we get another pesky embargo really. Even getting rid of the majority of the out of contracts will still leave us with a huge wage bill, hopefully we'll be able to sell a few like Rhodes, Winnall or Reach to bring in some extra cash and give us some leeway.

I'd like to think that if we can do that we'll have a few million to make Hector permanent and add one or two decent players, otherwise look at some top quality loans. The likes of Abraham, Mount, Wilson, Barnes and dare I say it Henderson have been superb in this league this season, obviously Abraham may be out of our budget but the others are the sort we'd need to give us that bit of different class (other than the keeper!)

• Thanks 1

Guest mkowl
14 minutes ago, markg said:

I'd just be happy if we have a policy this time around 

Was about to say the same, a policy that is co-ordinated, affordable and sustainable

This season has proved if nothing else that just throwing cash around is not the means to success

The more I think of that summer after Wembley the madder I get 

I’m hoping we have the green light or raise the money to bring in our three loans I think less than 5 million would do that ( not including onomah 

then it’s renew Palmer and Westwood and I’m on the fence with lee and hooper 

then a couple of frees / loans 

on top of the above we need a centre mid and another wide player 

I’d like to see a pacey forward but with how we are overloaded I think we would need to offload at least three with only Gary hooper out of contract this could be a big ask 

loan deals for winnal and Rhodes maybe I can’t see anyone wanting to buy them which would be the ideal scenario 

the only senior players I can see possibly having bids for are reach, bannan, possibly Joao, Fletcher and attey 

it’s going to be interesting 

Edited by fpowl

I expect Bruce to sell a star player or two to benefit our P & S situation and free up some funds for a little squad reshaping. Until we know where we are with P and S it's difficult to know what will happen but we won't be splashing big money this year.

19 minutes ago, alanharper said:

All depends on whether we get another pesky embargo really. Even getting rid of the majority of the out of contracts will still leave us with a huge wage bill, hopefully we'll be able to sell a few like Rhodes, Winnall or Reach to bring in some extra cash and give us some leeway.

I'd like to think that if we can do that we'll have a few million to make Hector permanent and add one or two decent players, otherwise look at some top quality loans. The likes of Abraham, Mount, Wilson, Barnes and dare I say it Henderson have been superb in this league this season, obviously Abraham may be out of our budget but the others are the sort we'd need to give us that bit of different class (other than the keeper!)

Abraham is unlikely to be out on loan again. If he still hasn't made at least the fringes of Chelsea's first team squad by next season, they will move him on for a fee (there would be no shortage of lower end PL clubs willing to buy him).

41 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

What sort of transfer policy are you expecting this summer?

I thought it'd be interesting to see what different people's expectations are. 

Might as well throw a few names out there as well if you have anyone in mind.

(Assuming we're all in agreement that at least 6/7 players will be leaving this summer)

For me, Hector is a must. Maybe get him for 1/2 million with him being out on contract next summer?

Add a centre midfielder in there as well. Some big/powerful to play next to Bannan. (That could be Onomah back on loan)

Sign Lazaar on a perm.

I would then think the rest of the signings will be people out of contract like Browne (Preston) and people of that nature. 

Wouldn't want Onomah back as he has shown little when fit and Hector for 500k think your about 2 million out at best. Sure SB has identified targets and may well be just waiting for window to open to tie some of these up. Doubt we will have much to spend but with Bruce in charge options may be better than in the past with loans and freebies.