What transfer policy are you expecting?

What transfer policy are you expecting?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Our Summer...

• We'll spend over 10 million on players in their prime
    • We'll spend around 5 million on 1 or 2 players and add depth with free agents
    • Bargain basement, we'll pick up some 30+ year olds and youth players for cheap + a few loans
    • No money spent, all free transfers and loans
    • None of the above...please enlighten us with your choice

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

For me only Westwood will be offered a contract of the out of contract players and we will sell Reach and Joao. 

That might balance the books and lead to a signing or 2. 

I think the same as you, If we can get Hector in any way that would be great.cant see us spending , paying any fees much otherwise. May 2 -3 free transfers and a couple of good premier league loans.

1 minute ago, nethertonowl said:

I think the same as you, If we can get Hector in any way that would be great.cant see us spending , paying any fees much otherwise. May 2 -3 free transfers and a couple of good premier league loans.

Don't think we;re allowed to sign anybody at the end of this week. :blink:

45 minutes ago, the monk said:

Anyone mentioned "young hungry players" yet ?

Mushrooms back on the menu ?

Anyway, Hector why are people mentioning £500k fee after the games he has had for us I would have thought other clubs would be sniffing round and surely would be in a better position to offer 3-5 million. 

Would love us to get him but would be amazed if we only paid £500k.

3 hours ago, Mr Hooper said:

What sort of transfer policy are you expecting this summer?

I thought it'd be interesting to see what different people's expectations are. 

Might as well throw a few names out there as well if you have anyone in mind.

(Assuming we're all in agreement that at least 6/7 players will be leaving this summer)

For me, Hector is a must. Maybe get him for 1/2 million with him being out on contract next summer?

Add a centre midfielder in there as well. Some big/powerful to play next to Bannan. (That could be Onomah back on loan)

Sign Lazaar on a perm.

I would then think the rest of the signings will be people out of contract like Browne (Preston) and people of that nature. 

I'm not sure what the love in with hector is. Last few years we have had quite a few different centre backs, all of which haven't been great without Westwood behind them. I think we can pick up someone else for not much that would be as good assuming we have a good keeper

2 hours ago, daztheowl said:

2 or 3 promising young loan signings, trimmed down squad, and we're all set for the off. It ain't gonna be an easy season, but we have the quality present in the current squad, just needs utilising effectively. 

Was just about to call a search party out for you....

S36 is going round the twist playing with himself .:tango:

• Haha 5

We'll go and spend 60 million on players next season

Ben Marshall will be one of those players. Then if it doesn't work out, Chansiri can blame the supporters for that signing

We'll sign a couple of Ajax's first teamers

Scott McTominay will sign on a season long loan deal from Manchester United

Chansiri will force Jermaine Johnson and Jeremy Helan to come out of retirement 

Then the squad will walk the championship and Chansiri will pay the fine for that financial nonsense

As an economist and financier I would normally advocate the use of debt to leverage financial income rather than use fresh equity (cash). In our case that would be for players and this would generate profits through promotion.

Under P&S however debt is simplistically a bad thing so expenditure needs in some say to match revenue income. 

If we sell Fernando and Reach we could seriously reshape the squad.

My vote however is to use the more traditional Thai economic model, fek it and use reckless spending and being able to absorb a 12 point deduction and still go up via autos.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Hull would be the standout.

When he got them up first time, they didn't spend all that much.

Long time ago, but I dont think he spent big money with Brum when he took them up the first time. 

Clucas, Robertson, Bowen and Odubajo all bought for relatively low fees by SB and now look how much they are worth? Odubajo would be somewhere better than Brentford if it wasn't for the injury he suffered.

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

Clucas, Robertson, Bowen and Odubajo all bought for relatively low fees by SB and now look how much they are worth? Odubajo would be somewhere better than Brentford if it wasn't for the injury he suffered.

Yep.

Picked up Meyler and Brady for relatively low amounts too.

It can be done. 

I think we will retain Lee, Palmer, Hooper and Westwood, use Matt Penney in the squad, Thorniley will be a starting centre back. 

I think we will be in the market for two speedy wingers first and foremost. Probably loans or freebies. A left back, centre back, central midfielder

A mix of academy graduates and loans from the Prem. Maybe free agents.

I don't think anyone will meet Dejphon's valuations of players, so we won't be able to sell to fund any signings.

I am expecting a transfer policy of getting round pegs for round holes and every one of those pegs to be better than we already have.

I've been disappointed sooooo many times in my life FFS  :Sid:

• Haha 1

Firstly will be a clear out of deadwood. the policy will be to cover all positions and have balance of players across the team.

Loans will be used extensively as it allows a better/more promising type of player to be brought in than finances would otherwise permit. I expect 4 as a minimum.

Free transfers will be scoured and perhaps one will be secured.

Probably by 2 or 3 players funded by sale or loan out of peripheral players.

Expect substantial change.