What transfer policy are you expecting?

What transfer policy are you expecting?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Our Summer...

• We'll spend over 10 million on players in their prime
    • We'll spend around 5 million on 1 or 2 players and add depth with free agents
    • Bargain basement, we'll pick up some 30+ year olds and youth players for cheap + a few loans
    • No money spent, all free transfers and loans
    • None of the above...please enlighten us with your choice

This poll is closed to new votes

Palmer to be let go for me I'm afraid. 

The lad has made giant strides but from a really low performance base and the mistakes against Villa and Preston show vulnerability in a position where we simply cant afford it anymore 

As Bruce has already mentioned that he’d be looking at the back up squads of the Premier League’s top six, I thought I’d have a look and see who might be available on loan. Top pick for me would be Rhian Brewster at Liverpool, as I don’t think the likes of Abraham will be going out to a Championship side. Maybe Greenwood at Manchester United could be an option, or Balogun at Arsenal. All those could have a similar impact to Abraham

It’s difficult because because we often only find out how good these players are, after they’ve completed a loan spell elsewhere.   So I really like the look of the Wigan pair, Reece James and Antonee Robinson. Chelsea have already turned down an offer of 14m for right back/midfielder James, obviously not from Wigan

1 hour ago, Mr Hooper said:

What sort of transfer policy are you expecting this summer?

I thought it'd be interesting to see what different people's expectations are. 

Might as well throw a few names out there as well if you have anyone in mind.

(Assuming we're all in agreement that at least 6/7 players will be leaving this summer)

For me, Hector is a must. Maybe get him for 1/2 million with him being out on contract next summer?

Add a centre midfielder in there as well. Some big/powerful to play next to Bannan. (That could be Onomah back on loan)

Sign Lazaar on a perm.

I would then think the rest of the signings will be people out of contract like Browne (Preston) and people of that nature. 

Where have you seen this big powerful Onomah?.

With Iorfa and Thorniley both available at C/B, maybe play Hector in the midfield role, just a thought.

15 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Where have you seen this big powerful Onomah?.

With Iorfa and Thorniley both available at C/B, maybe play Hector in the midfield role, just a thought.

I’m yet to be convinced by Iorfa, at full back, he isn’t as good as Palmer (which is a sign of the progress he’s made this season) Haven’t really seen him at centre back, but he’s built for it, so might be worth a try. Hector in midfield has always interested me.

I saw a lot of him in that midfield role while he was at Reading, but stopped going on about it, once he settled in next to Lees

Edited by gurujuan

I’m expecting us to be measured and targeted. Bringing in what we need in the positions we need and doing it very cheaply. Getting such freebies/loans in means they might not always work out but I accept that could be the case if we can see the coherent plan behind it.

Too much to hope for? For once I don’t think it is.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I’m expecting us to be measured and targeted. Bringing in what we need in the positions we need and doing it very cheaply. Getting such freebies/loans in means they might not always work out but I accept that could be the case if we can see the coherent plan behind it.

Too much to hope for? For once I don’t think it is.

You would hope that would be a given, but we haven’t seen much evidence of it recently

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

The more I think of that summer after Wembley the madder I get 

Mental.

We got bullied in that final. It was so obvious what we needed. Instead we got more of the same.

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
Just now, NYCOWL said:

Mental.

We got bullied in that final. It was so obvious what we needed. Instead we got more of the same.

Absolutely it also annoyed me our fan base were satisfied with just getting to Wembley for a nice day out, the same folk now probably hating UTD getting promoted 

Reckon freebies, loans and perhaps a couple of relatively modest fees.

We might be able to splash one or two million on a player, but that'll be it imo.

Thankfully, I think Bruce will already have a few irons in the works. He's often done his best work when operating within a budget. 

Just now, mkowl said:

Absolutely it also annoyed me our fan base were satisfied with just getting to Wembley for a nice day out, the same folk now probably hating UTD getting promoted 

I'm not sure that's entirely true.

Personally I thought that the Wembley appearance was ahead of schedule, and that it would be the first step towards our eventual renewal. Thus I wasn't that disapointed as I believed there was more to come from us.

Idiot.

7 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Mental.

And we didn’t need much, perhaps 3 or 4 strategic signings What we got was a whole raft of mainly dross, expensive dross, culminating in the biggest transfer blunder in the club’s history, the purchase of Jordan Rhodes

Just now, NYCOWL said:

Has he? Not disputing this. Just wondering about examples?

Hull would be the standout.

When he got them up first time, they didn't spend all that much.

Long time ago, but I dont think he spent big money with Brum when he took them up the first time. 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

And we didn’t need much, perhaps 3 or 4 strategic signings What we got was a whole raft of mainly dross, expensive dross, culminating in the biggest transfer blunder in the club’s history, the purchase of Jordan Rhodes

A proper Winger

A midfield Beast

Loovens Replacement

A full back or two

I expect Bruce to raise £8 million by transferring out Joao and one other (Reach or Forestieri but not both)

I expect he will spend £4 million strengthening central midfield and defence with young fit players.

I expect he will bring in three or four youngish loan players to add pace in wide positions

Ii expect the following out of contract players to leave freeing up wages to demonstrate to EFL we are trying to balance income and expenditure. Jones, Abdi, Pudil, Boyd, Hooper & Matias.

I expect Onomah, Aarons and Lazaar will return to parent clubs as fitness levels have been poor

I hope new offers will be made to Westwood, Lee and Palmer.

I REALLY HOPE some sort of attempt can be made to bring Hector back to Hillsborough. Loan or transfer as above but P &S May prevent this.

4 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I expect Bruce to raise £8 million by transferring out Joao and one other (Reach or Forestieri but not both)

I expect he will spend £4 million strengthening central midfield and defence with young fit players.

I expect he will bring in three or four youngish loan players to add pace in wide positions

Ii expect the following out of contract players to leave freeing up wages to demonstrate to EFL we are trying to balance income and expenditure. Jones, Abdi, Pudil, Boyd, Hooper & Matias.

I expect Onomah, Aarons and Lazaar will return to parent clubs as fitness levels have been poor

I hope new offers will be made to Westwood, Lee and Palmer.

I REALLY HOPE some sort of attempt can be made to bring Hector back to Hillsborough. Loan or transfer as above but P &S May prevent this.

Sounds about right, but selling Reach would be the easiest way to raise that sort of money, by selling only one of our better players

1 hour ago, Mr Hooper said:

What sort of transfer policy are you expecting this summer?

I thought it'd be interesting to see what different people's expectations are. 

Might as well throw a few names out there as well if you have anyone in mind.

(Assuming we're all in agreement that at least 6/7 players will be leaving this summer)

For me, Hector is a must. Maybe get him for 1/2 million with him being out on contract next summer?

Add a centre midfielder in there as well. Some big/powerful to play next to Bannan. (That could be Onomah back on loan)

Sign Lazaar on a perm.

I would then think the rest of the signings will be people out of contract like Browne (Preston) and people of that nature. 

350k to spend , not a penny more