Atdhe Boy!

The problem with a lot of fans is they want everyone striker to return  20+ goals a season. They dont see the wider picture and focus on the goals and  misses.

For me the big man has a lot of value especially in games like yesterday. If you look at his role in some of our goals this season he has played crucial passes at some stage in the build up or held the ball up to enable the rest of our slow paced and sometimes reluctant team to get forward. Granted he does not get far off the ground for a big lad but he gets a raw deal from ref's most of the time because of his size but with the ball at his feet he is capable of turning a player to get some space. 

8 hours ago, steveger said:

i just think we should be aiming a lot higher (excuse the pun) if we are looking to be a success next season, yeah he was good for the 9 mins today (so i am informed as a non match goer through choice) and a few more minutes over the season, but we need better than that, we need consistency and better players, it's far from just the big man, there's quite a few more that should be thanked then moved on.

absolutely spot on does on occasion make a difference but we need better imo

Attey offers more than Rhodes and winnal simply because he has a different role to play than them. There’s two players I’d sooner see and try and generate money for than big attey 

leave us a pool of strikers in 

fletcher

joao

forestieri

nuihiu

hooper?

new?

I think if we want to freshen up that department we will hooper leave just because of how many strikers we have  

A massive cult figure and my favourite player. An absolute hero in my kids eyes as well. He is unique in this league and I would get rid of at least 3 quarters of the squad before him.

There is no better goal than one from the big man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

A massive cult figure and my favourite player. An absolute hero in my kids eyes as well. He is unique in this league and I would get rid of at least 3 quarters of the squad before him.

There is no better goal than one from the big man.

I would go along with this. He just brings something different. 

Can you imagine what what it is like for a centre half who is tiring towards the end of a game, suddenly facing the prospect of having to wrestle with a fresh off the bench striker who is as big and as strong as Nuhiu.

plus the guy is a team player who is always the first to celebrate, even if he is on the bench. There are no egos, just an honest big guy who wants the best for his team mates.

10 hours ago, steveger said:

i just think we should be aiming a lot higher (excuse the pun) if we are looking to be a success next season, yeah he was good for the 9 mins today (so i am informed as a non match goer through choice) and a few more minutes over the season, but we need better than that, we need consistency and better players, it's far from just the big man, there's quite a few more that should be thanked then moved on.

:laugh:

• Haha 1

I think there's every chance Forrestieri, Winnall, Joao, Rhodes and even Fletcher could be offloaded before Nuhiu? I don't see him starting many games but as he showed yesterday he can be very useful coming off the bench. As I've said before he's one of those players that you won't know what you've got until he's no longer here. Think Semedo and JJ, not world beaters by any means but players who were a part of the fabric of the club for a while and in truth the place hasn't been quite the same since they have left.

Not good enough, time to move on.

This club and the fans have a real issue with sentiment and keeping players. It’s as if we think if you sell Atdhe, it would be impossible to replace him. It really won’t, he can change a game but he offers nowhere near enough over a season. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.c9e96b7c84c008aec2910296728942a2.png

Atdhe Nuhiu

image.png.3234089fbdb1ce80ec802fabd55aa730.png

• When you are chasing the game (like today) you go a little bit direct and put it into him and you know what – there’s nothing wrong with that!!  Everyone wants to play lovely, open, attacking football but sometimes you just put it into the box and ask the big man to get on the end of it.”

Who's badly photoshopped the ball onto the photo? The ball was in the net at this point lol

Edited by sharrowowl

1 hour ago, s63owl said:

I would go along with this. He just brings something different. 

Can you imagine what what it is like for a centre half who is tiring towards the end of a game, suddenly facing the prospect of having to wrestle with a fresh off the bench striker who is as big and as strong as Nuhiu.

plus the guy is a team player who is always the first to celebrate, even if he is on the bench. There are no egos, just an honest big guy who wants the best for his team mates.

This like semedo I bet he’s a great bloke to have around and lifts everyone going into work non match days 

he won’t be expensive, he is a great pro never injured and offers something 

if attey is contributing to 10 goals a year in his bit role from the bench he’s a keeper all day very unique and helps us 

how many goals and assists has he got this year 1 each on Saturday I bet he’s not far off the 10 contribution 

and in the main he’s there to see us the games out not win us them 

hes different to anything else we have and is above winnal and Rhodes in the pecking order for me 

he’s one of those strikers that will probably play pushing 40 too because he’s got no pace to lose and doesn’t rely on sprinting

• Thanks 1

His goals last season got us out of the relegation scrap,and the one he scored V Norwich pours scorn on those that say hes got no skill or hes just a big lump you lump the ball to.

And hes rarely in the treatment room,unlike a few of our other strikers that will be earning a fair wedge more than him.

13 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Was he giving it back? 

Haven't been. Watched on the screen.  I only saw him run, jump and fist pump. 

We were on row 2. He celebrated right in front of us. Seemed to me to be enjoying the goal and asking the fans to give it some. That's all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

We were on row 2. He celebrated right in front of us. Seemed to me to be enjoying the goal and asking the fans to give it some. That's all.

Seems fair enough. Folks will always go crackers when they bag the equaliser from 3-1 down.

Must admit he wouldn't generally be my preference to come on when we are chasing the game, but he obviously did really well in the role yesterday, so what do I know.

He is  the player I like to see come on when there's 20' left and we're one or two up.

He must be one of the best real bargain basement signings of recent years. The Austrian league to the championship? A massive leap all those years ago.

He is a sellable asset: most championship clubs would be able to use him. Overall I would hope we are able to keep him