Atdhe Boy!

7 hours ago, clud17 said:

The problem with a lot of fans is they want everyone striker to return  20+ goals a season. They dont see the wider picture and focus on the goals and  misses.

For me the big man has a lot of value especially in games like yesterday. If you look at his role in some of our goals this season he has played crucial passes at some stage in the build up or held the ball up to enable the rest of our slow paced and sometimes reluctant team to get forward. Granted he does not get far off the ground for a big lad but he gets a raw deal from ref's most of the time because of his size but with the ball at his feet he is capable of turning a player to get some space. 

Absolutely spot on pal.........

4 hours ago, Snowyowl61 said:

Atdhe Nuhiu is one of the most committed players we have seen in a Wednesday shirt EVER and is severely undervalued by many. Long may he be connected to the club, in whatever capacity. His enthusiasm is priceless.

I never get this type of comment 

He does his job like the rest of the players, what makes him more committed?

Committed like his half arsed warm up against Preston at home at Christmas? 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I never get this type of comment 

He does his job like the rest of the players, what makes him more committed?

Committed like his half arsed warm up against Preston at home at Christmas? 

They can have a little snooze for a warm up for me, as long ad they're committed when they step over the white line.

Isn't he the most used sub in the history of our club? There's a reason for that.

I want that stat to continue. 

Not for sentiment tho. He's a very useful player for us. ...

Whats real key about him is hes underrated on the deck, so when he comes on, the oppositions fear is him in their box. They are quite happy to see him drift wide or drop deep and they let him do it thinking his danger is with his head.. and He continues to start attacks for us and gets us up the pitch for this very reason..

I get it that the oppos don't get it, but i don't get it that lots of our fans don't get it yet!

Edited by GY-owl.4

18 hours ago, Mr Soul said:

We're in the Championship. We don't play in European football.

Every championship team brings a different challenge that needs different  approaches . 9 minutes of Nuhiu yesterday again showed why he is so important to our squad. 

Title of your sex tape.

• Haha 1

On 27/04/2019 at 23:45, Lord Snooty said:

sometimes you just put it into the box and ask the big man to get on the end of it.”

22 hours ago, sharrowowl said:

He offers something different 

He often sucks 3 defenders

Not pretty but so often effective. 

23 hours ago, Mr Soul said:

9 inches of Nuhiu 

4 hours ago, Owl.1867 said:

Title of your sex tape.

I see what you mean mate,

Filthy bunch this lot aren't they ?:Sid:

The lads got a bright future all told though

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 9

We all know he’s capable of being a handful and he’s a good character but sadly, those performances are few and far between and  he only shows it a handful of times per season. When he’s not on it, he’s mostly very poor. 

If we want to move on to better things, the likes of Nuhiu need to be moved on.  

Look at the current top 6 this season, hypothetically speaking, if Nuhiu was out of contract this summer,  would they want to add Nuhiu to their squad v other options? Probably not I reckon, so maybe he’s just not good enough for those with aspirations of getting promoted 

• Like 1

e often see the 'sell Nuhiu, keep Joao' thread on here. 'Joo will improve' is a constant thread. But look at the fact s . When has Joao put in a FULL 90 min performance? I  have yet to notice one. He is often in acres of space, yet as soon as Atdhe comes on he is surrounded by two and more often three defenders.

If he plays from the start he's still going at the end. Last Mon's game summed it up. After 75 mins Joao was knackered and simply iseless. Atdhe will plod along for ever.

• Thanks 1

On 28/04/2019 at 11:03, SallyCinnamon said:

Not good enough, time to move on.

This club and the fans have a real issue with sentiment and keeping players. It’s as if we think if you sell Atdhe, it would be impossible to replace him. It really won’t, he can change a game but he offers nowhere near enough over a season. 

There seems a fear from many fans to get rid of these players that have failed for 3,4,5+ seasons now. 

6 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

every time he scores he just uses it as an excuse to taunt his own fans, he did well today but wish he'd stop doing that, if you can't take the stick then go & work in an office, all though must admit some of it is harsh

The old ear cupping celebration lol Tbf Big Dave gets constant accusations that he's a fraud of a footballer, so I don't blame him for wanting to ram it back down the throats of some of our supporters. It's not like he ever lets it affect his commitment on the pitch.