Atdhe Boy!

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

What I don't like though is some fans complaining at other fans for wanting him replaced. We should be aiming to replace EVERY player in the squad with someone better, or we'll just tread water.

That's massively unrealistic though.

Are we going to get a better goalie than Westwood? No Chance.

Can we afford a better centre forward than Hooper. No chance

Can we afford a better midfielder than Bannan. No Chance.

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
2 hours ago, steveger said:

Really hope he aint an option next season, which will mean we will have replaced him, with a footballer.

That is all.

Nuhiu gives us something different, just like today when you're chasing the game and need to go more direct, or if you are hanging on to a narrow lead he's good at holding the ball up. Good to have in the 16.

5 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Nuhiu gives us something different, just like today when you're chasing the game and need to go more direct, or if you are hanging on to a narrow lead he's good at holding the ball up. Good to have in the 16.

Also suspect he's not very expensive to have in the 16.

Which might be a big thing next season. 

16 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Adthes biggest fan over here so I’m probably biased . It’s good to have an old fashioned target man in your ranks . Yes his goal to games ratio isn’t good but he offers something different , as proved today . When we are losing , no better player to Chuck on 

After Iorfa  (who's obviously had less shots) and Matias,  Atdhe has the 3rd best shots on target ratio. 

Which is a bit of a turn up for the books.

It's actually a bit of an irony too.....we keep scoring all these wonder goals from outside the box.

But once in the 18 yard box he's got one of the better records.

4 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Theres quite a few on Owlstalk I'd get rid of before I got rid of Nuhiu from the owls :Sid:

Yup, hell of a clear out on here, be nobody left if it was getting rid of whom i offend or upset...WTF:

snowflakes lot of em...:biggrin:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, steveger said:

To be fair to the big man there's quite a few i'd get rid of before him anyway.... 

Absolutely right.

I've always loved Athe (or however you spell it:laugh:) since the day he arrived and scored on his debut (v QPR?) in what seems like another geological era. He's been a loyal and true servant to Wednesday and I want an old-fashioned testimonial match for him and a generous pay-out. If he's not a Wednesdayite by now then I don't know how you become one. God bless him!

Edited by VictoryBell
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

Adthes biggest fan over here so I’m probably biased . It’s good to have an old fashioned target man in your ranks . Yes his goal to games ratio isn’t good but he offers something different , as proved today . When we are losing , no better player to Chuck on 

Goals to games when you don’t play many minutes is misleading.

Bruce won’t have missed the fact that Atdhe has scored a goal every 100 minutes since Jos left.

7 hours ago, steveger said:

Really hope he aint an option next season, which will mean we will have replaced him, with a footballer.

That is all.

We're in the Championship. We don't play in European football.

Every championship team brings a different challenge that needs different  approaches . 9 minutes of Nuhiu yesterday again showed why he is so important to our squad. 

7 hours ago, steveger said:

i just think we should be aiming a lot higher (excuse the pun) if we are looking to be a success next season, yeah he was good for the 9 mins today (so i am informed as a non match goer through choice) and a few more minutes over the season, but we need better than that, we need consistency and better players, it's far from just the big man, there's quite a few more that should be thanked then moved on.

If he plays every match next season fot just 10 mins and is effective I'm happy.

With the exception of one match I can think of he has come on and disrupted defences consistently .

Not all forwards are on the pitch to score. 

Just like not all midfielders are expected to appear in the oppositions box. 

Nuhiu creates space and opportunities for others 

1 hour ago, VictoryBell said:

Absolutely right.

I've always loved Athe (or however you spell it:laugh:) since the day he arrived and scored on his debut (v QPR?) in what seems like another geological era. He's been a loyal and true servant to Wednesday and I want an old-fashioned testimonial match for him and a generous pay-out. If he's not a Wednesdayite by now then I don't know how you become one. God bless him!

Think hes had his payouts off the club with contracts he has got for some very average seasons. He has the odd good game but in reality are far outweighed by average/poor ones.Does have some ability but to challenge we need much better .

5 minutes ago, Mr Soul said:

If he plays every match next season fot just 10 mins and is effective I'm happy.

With the exception of one match I can think of he has come on and disrupted defences consistently .

Not all forwards are on the pitch to score. 

Just like not all midfielders are expected to appear in the oppositions box. 

Nuhiu creates space and opportunities for others 

“Not all forwards are on the pitch to score”.

I know your post is very positive, but I think you are doing him a disservice.

Here’s Atdhe under Jos and Bruce:-

2700 league minutes - 14 goals - goal every 192 minutes

Its worth bearing in mind that there has barely been a minute where Bruce hasn’t had Fletcher or Nuhiu leading the line. Fletch isn’t young enough to play 90 week in week out, and Nuhiu isn’t effective playing 90 week in week out. The current approach where Fletch plays the lion’s share with Atdhe as back-up does work well and Bruce clearly likes it.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Contracted till June 2020, so I think folks are going to have to get on used to it.

Not sure how much interest there would be for him out there, but this summer is the last opportunity to sell him for a fee.  I’m not sure whether Nuhiu will be in SBs plans or not. 

3 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

I don't rate Nuhiu but I'd get rid of Rhodes and Winnall before him!

He offers something different off the bench. Throwing him on against tiring defenders often causes havoc.

He often sucks 3 defenders into his vortex of athde then he'll do his little drag backs and lay it off to someone in space. 

Not pretty but so often effective. 

Someone who seems happy enough to wait on the sidelines for his chance, and galvanizes the players around him who all seem to love him. For not not much money he's a great squad asset, just not a starter. 

• Like 1