Matias

Actually didn’t think he had a bad game today - seemed to track back a lot more than usual and had some good moments.

However, that challenge at the end summed up his time at Wednesday for me - always a yard behind.

Been too inconsistent in his time here and a definite one to release and upgrade over the summer.

• Like 3

He wasn't great at all for the last 15-20 minutes, looked very tired and should have probably been taken off. 

But overall he's the type of player that will cause Bruce to earn his wage as it's a big decision as to whether we keep him or not. 

If we didn't have ffp issues i'd say we let go and replace, but as it stands, we may better off keeping him for another couple of seasons.

If you look when he's given a run in the side he plays well.

He's played well over the last few games and when Jos first came in, he played upfront and did well.

I won't be upset to see him go, but if he goes can we get better?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

If you look when he's given a run in the side he plays well.

He's played well over the last few games and when Jos first came in, he played upfront and did well.

I won't be upset to see him go, but if he goes can we get better?

Better teeth....no

better footballer.....yes

• Haha 1

Good points.

My thinking is the players that Bruce has brought in so far - Iorfa, Arrons, Lazaar, are all leaps ahead of players like Matias.

So I’d personally rather see the wages go on someone of that standard than risk Matias on a new deal.

He's got so little composure. The good things he does are always impulsive or spontaneous. The moment he has to think he's in trouble, and he's an absolute liability defensively, as demonstrated by the hopeless header our for a corner, two botched 'clearances' and of course the free kick at the end (although their player played for it)

If he could somehow gain some discipline he could do a similar job to Guy Whittingham back in the 90's but I just can't see him developing beyond where he's at now.

23 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

He wasn't great at all for the last 15-20 minutes, looked very tired and should have probably been taken off. 

But overall he's the type of player that will cause Bruce to earn his wage as it's a big decision as to whether we keep him or not. 

If we didn't have ffp issues i'd say we let go and replace, but as it stands, we may better off keeping him for another couple of seasons.

Agreed

40 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Done little over 4 seasons and you'd keep him for 2 more.

:Sid:

• Haha 1