Matias

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Has he nailed your mrs or something ? How do you know he’s a w@nker ? Have you met him . 

And again you contradict yourself slagging off his defensive ability but unable to defend the fact he’s better defensively than other players in his position . Either way your hate for him is weird 

no he hasn't, do you always slip to personal insults when things aren't going your way?

I mean lightweight 'cheeky monkey' at football, you obviously see your hero in a different light, whilst having a benchmark somewhat below mine (and bruce's I hope).

15 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s a tidy clever footballer. I love it when he cuts in and plays that quick 1-2 with the forward 

But his fitness is the question 

Fitness is an issue with most players in our squad

2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

no he hasn't, do you always slip to personal insults when things aren't going your way?

I mean lightweight 'cheeky monkey' at football, you obviously see your hero in a different light, whilst having a benchmark somewhat below mine (and bruce's I hope).

Are you familiar with the irony ? You claiming I’m using personal insults whilst you call a woman player a w@nker :tango:

Guest wilyfox

Moments of quality, but no tangible form during his four years here. I'm pleased for him that his niggling injuries seem resolved, but we need better. 

He’s had 4 years and he’s done nowhere near enough. He’s got to be released with all of them bar Westwood and Palmer. It needs a shake up. 

Hes played reasonably well of late, but too little, too late.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

On 20/04/2019 at 08:07, james o connor said:

Has he nailed your mrs or something ? How do you know he’s a w@nker ? Have you met him . 

And again you contradict yourself slagging off his defensive ability but unable to defend the fact he’s better defensively than other players in his position . Either way your hate for him is weird 

Better defensively than everyone else in his position? Bruce had to reshuffle the team against Swansea and move him upfront because he wasn’t covering the left back. 

Reach and Boyd are brilliant at coming and covering the full backs and working hard, I mean come on that’s literally the reason Boyd gets a game. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

Better defensively than everyone else in his position? Bruce had to reshuffle the team against Swansea and move him upfront because he wasn’t covering the left back. 

Reach and Boyd are brilliant at coming and covering the full backs and working hard, I mean come on that’s literally the reason Boyd gets a game. 

boyd and matias both need to be moved on, the only thing in their favour is the club's financial position may not be able to afford replacements, thus they stay, hopefully not as better energy, more grit and determination is needed.

35 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

boyd and matias both need to be moved on, the only thing in their favour is the club's financial position may not be able to afford replacements, thus they stay, hopefully not as better energy, more grit and determination is needed.

Completely agree they both need moving on. I was just stating that Matias doesn’t have better defensive work than Reach and Boyd. 

1 hour ago, S26 Owl said:

Distinctly average, would rather save the wages. Came on a big fee so can't imagine his wages are cheap

I doubt he's on all that much. 

We signed him from one of the smaller teams in Portugal for a couple of million. 

He won't have been earning megabucks there and I doubt we offered him all that much. 

Our silly wages will have gone to those that we signed from the Prem - Fletcher, Abdi, Jones, Nando etc. 

11 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

kCompletely agree they both need moving on. I was just stating that Matias doesn’t have better defensive work than Reach and Boyd. 

I fear with our improvement in results since bruce came in, that we may just 'tinker' with the squad at the edges, with the hope of a full season under bruce with loans and a couple of signings will do, and a better fit with p&s.

the following season IF we fall short, sell the ground, or see what the league has to say, especially if we kick a fuss up over 'competing fairly' against sides stacked with parachute money, as when we took the fall from the PREMIER league we got sod all.

Edited by dorian gray

Obviously he will not be offered a new contract and nor should he be . 

However I wouldn’t question his ability nor his work rate and tracking back. Like a lot of forwards when he gets in the defensive positions his tackling can be a liability, bit like FF.

It is frustrating though. The fact we had zero out of him for 3 years when he obviously has ability. We will never know why and I suppose the answer is probably two fold.

He appeared to pick up injuries and was fragile. However the Carlos obsession with playing his favourites on one leg rather than using the squad led to several players not getting a fair crack.

11 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Obviously he will not be offered a new contract and nor should he be . 

However I wouldn’t question his ability nor his work rate and tracking back. Like a lot of forwards when he gets in the defensive positions his tackling can be a liability, bit like FF.

It is frustrating though. The fact we had zero out of him for 3 years when he obviously has ability. We will never know why and I suppose the answer is probably two fold.

He appeared to pick up injuries and was fragile. However the Carlos obsession with playing his favourites on one leg rather than using the squad led to several players not getting a fair crack.

I agree with this, I don't think it is through a lack of effort that his defensive play leaves a lot to be desired, just that he isn't that good at it or switches off and gets caught out. He has been much better in this respect in the past few games though.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't consider offering him a new contract. However, say we are under some sort of soft embargo this summer where we can't pay a sum for new players but can offer current players a contract would it be worth considering? As has been said, unlike many of his team mates his wages aren't likely to be an issue in that respect, he has had to open his own shop just to try and keep up with the spending power of his colleagues FFS!

:duntmatter: