Matias

Simple question if it was your money, based on what you’ve seen over the full length of his contract would you re-sign him. I wouldn’t at any price. More consistent players could be found for considerably less money. Steve Bruce is payed to do exactly this. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I’m hoping the club has learnt from the Nuhiu situation from last spring, where he suddenly realised he had to put some performances in to gain a new contract

JJ was the master of this long before Nuhiu. We just couldn't do anything about it because when JJ went "New Contract Mode" he became head and shoulders our most important player.. usually in relegation battles.. and there was no chance we could replace him back then.

We should be above sudden flourishes of form now. A new contract for Matias shouldn't be under any consideration at the club.

Edited by sheffield_dave

10 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

Simple question if it was your money, based on what you’ve seen over the full length of his contract would you re-sign him. I wouldn’t at any price. More consistent players could be found for considerably less money. Steve Bruce is payed to do exactly this. 

Nail on head.

Move on the five or six costly bit-players we have and buy/loan a few top notch fitter replacements.

Nearly 4 years of watching him and i've still not worked out what his position is supposed to be - suppose to winger but doesn't get to the line and cross. 

Another player who's flattered to deceive - suppose to have pace, but never beats anyone in a one on one.

he'll go back to Portugal and mill around in their league with a nice pension from us.

Didn’t do himself any favours today. Final ball was terrible. 

There is a player in there and he’s not had a bad season to be fair to him. But if we’re assessing his contribution over 4 years not done enough. Injuries not his fault, but he’s not a player who does enough in games. 

For some reason have a strange feeling Bruce will offer him one though. 

10 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

So - still wanting to offer him a new contract? 

Absolute garbage, then two fouls alone where the whole stadium could see what he was going to do we’re enough to send him packing 

I’ve never seen a player commit more pointless fouls than Marco. He’s brainless