List of Owls players out of contract this summer

13 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

He’s a talented player but f00ked.

Would be financial madness to offer him anything.

Lets move on and look for hungry, fit, younger players than can cope with the physical demands the modern game brings. 

Would it be madness to offer him a 3 or 6 month contract on reduced terms to prove he can return to full fitness?

To me it would be mad to not offer anything, IF he doesn't have another setback.

The one thing that we must do is to keep players who fit into the style of play that Bruce will get us playing. That seems to be at the moment 442, pace out wide and at full back, possibly with a high press in midfield. Seems that Joao is surplus which would suggest he wants consistency over mavericks. It doesn't suit FF or Matias either. 

So of ours keep Palmer, Westwood.

Possibly Hooper as he is class. All the rest are done for me but sneaky feeling that Bruce might offer Boyd an extension.

I would defo get Hector on another season long loan if possible, also Aarons. Lazaar looks ok  but may be brittle however full backs are hard to find as everyone is finding out.

On Sky this morning:

HOOPER IN DEMAND

Sky sources: Sheffield Wednesday striker Gary Hooper is the subject of interest from three unnamed English clubs as well as New York City FC and DC United from the MLS and Turkish clubs Trabzonspor and Bursaspor.

Hooper is out of contract at Hillsborough in the summer and has not yet been offered a new deal.

IF we are not already up the creak without a paddle for the financial mismanagement of the club and we some how are able to sign players and restructure the squad then for me only palmer and westwood should be allowed new deals the saving on the rest will be in the region of £10m a season in wages.

Add to that list we need to get rid of Rhodes, Van Aken, Winnall that could be another £3m+ a season in wages. As clearly Winnall does not have a future at the club as since January though being fit has barely got any game time and instead the prolific Nuihu seems to be favoured ahead of him.

We then say to Lee and Hooper win a contract - if they truly want to be here next season let the work their ar$es off over the summer getting match sharp and ready to play 30+ games a season. 

Next season we will have a first team squad of about 22 players so we cannot carry 4 or 5 injured players we need players who can play 30+ games a season. We also need to send youth players out on loan to play regularly, it is criminal what we have done this season to Wildsmith and Thorniley, 2 player who were real bright points on the awful last season now getting no game time, neither can even make the bench which for me makes no sense what so ever.

10 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

On Sky this morning:

Could see him moving to USA to be fair. 

Either way, sentiment to one side we need to move on from Hooper. Very talented players but in the 4 years he’s been here not offered enough for the money we spent and the wages he’s on. 

20 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Could see him moving to USA to be fair. 

Either way, sentiment to one side we need to move on from Hooper. Very talented players but in the 4 years he’s been here not offered enough for the money we spent and the wages he’s on. 

Plus we’d get an executive box back. lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jerseyowl said:

Would it be madness to offer him a 3 or 6 month contract on reduced terms to prove he can return to full fitness?

To me it would be mad to not offer anything, IF he doesn't have another setback.

Yes, he basically hasn’t played for 2 years.

Seriously, it’s time to move on.

Only caveat - If he wants to play for nothing from June until end of October to prove his fitness and that he won’t break down then happy days - give him a pay as you play deal after that. 

We have wasted far too much money on crocks. 

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Daniel Pudil is a bit of a forgotten man. Has he been injured this season?

No idea but Bruce dis say in one interview that he was in the last stage of his career. I take that to mean his legs have gone.

17 minutes ago, prowl said:

No idea but Bruce dis say in one interview that he was in the last stage of his career. I take that to mean his legs have gone.

he should never have been re-signed really. Unless the embargo meant it was our only option?

Have a feeling we'll see Onomah again next season. 

Unless Matias is on a very low wage he's gone for me. Just don't rate him.

Goalkeeper is a key position. Keep Westwood if it's financially viable.

Palmer you would think will renew on slightly improved terms.

Hooper is quality and I'd try and move Winnall and Rhodes on and keep him if the terms are realistic.

Lee won't get a deal anywhere else without a long trial so it's common sense that we should effectively offer the same opportunity.

Hector should be our number one priority. He's potentially the best centre half in the division.

Quite like Aarons and wouldn't be adverse to a season long loan. Not seem enough of Lazaar.

The others can go, along with Van Acken, Pulepessy and Fox.

• Like 1