List of Owls players out of contract this summer

Westwood. Deffo.

lee and hooper subject to fitness.

we can do much better than the rest so let them go.

see if we can off load winnall, fox and (sadly big Dave).

trust Bruce to bring in much better, either on loan or frees.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Keep Westwood and Palmer let Lee and Hooper prove fitness with short term vastly reduced deals if they can play 2 games a week without breaking down look to longer deals, the rest can go for me.

hector only at the right price and salary, Chelsea will be wanting a chunk of the £4m they paid for him which is too steep for us.

we also need to look to reduce the front line two from Joao, nuihu, fletcher, rhodes, winnall, forestieri, need moving on. If we could offload rhodes, fletcher, winnall for fees and the savings on wages. I would look at a season loan for Wickham a lot of injuries in last few season but could be the player we need if we could get him match fit and firing.

You start off by talking about players having to prove they can play 2 games a week and then suggest a season long loan for Wickham who’s barely played that many in the last 3 seasons!

Edited by Ian

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Pudil as an experienced back up CB.

Seriously? He's been nowhere near in months

We'll likely try to keep Westwood and Hooper but think they'll leave. I see Palmer signing and possibly Matias

He might even upset a few a retain Boyd depending on how much leeway we have in the market

12 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Seriously? He's been nowhere near in months

We'll likely try to keep Westwood and Hooper but think they'll leave. I see Palmer signing and possibly Matias

He might even upset a few a retain Boyd depending on how much leeway we have in the market

I wouldn’t be totally against Boyd signing up. Upped his game in recent weeks and you know what you get with him.

A good squad player to have. 1 year deal, reduced wages.

7 hours ago, shandypants said:

...taken from yesterday’s game. 

Lets play this again. 

Who should we keep? Who’s a possible to keep? Who should go?  

44CF7C4B-B65D-4FD2-A78C-79B71F1D97CB.thumb.jpeg.4fe013d3e01def425216fb94a848ed4a.jpeg

Keep:

Palmer  2 year contract

Westwood 2 year contract

Hooper 1 year contract on reduced terms 

Hector (but can’t be paid Chelsea wage - will he accept a drop?)

Possible to keep:

Aarons (but can’t be paid Newcastle wage and needs to prove fitness before season end)

Lazaar (but can’t be paid Newcastle wage and needs to prove fitness before season end)

Kieran Lee (I want to keep him but we don’t know how he will return. If fit, he’s the difference) - needs to be at the same level as before prob not a big earner

Matias (tough decision) - get rid offers nothing apart from good pasties. 

Go:

Boyd

Onamah

Pudil

Jones

Abdi

7 hours ago, shandypants said:

If rumour is correct, releasing Boyd, Pudil, Jones and Abdi will remove a sizeable wedge of cash from our outgoings. 

Transfer list:

Foresteri - not done it for a few years now

Fox - while improved under Bruce still not good enough Lazar is the level we should be aiming for.

Nuhui - offers something but feel he will ask to move on for first team football. 

Time to rebuild

1 hour ago, Ian said:

You start off by talking about players having to prove they can play 2 games a week and then suggest a season long loan for Wickham who’s barely played that many in the last 3 seasons!

As I said if we can get him fit, money's going to be very tight we need to get creative.

No doubt the decisions we face this summer are difficult not only with the out of contact players but with all players at the club. Are they good enough, are they fit and available often enough can we afford them and all under the shadow of FFP that will dictate what we can spend on transfers and wages, how much we have to bring in , what size squad we have 

fortunately most of the football decisions will be left to our biggest asset, our best asset our manager 

bruce will know what he wants and if money is tight has great knowledge of the markets we will need to operate in. I have every faith he will have a squad that can and will compete at the top end of the table and if we can avoid an embargo can aim for top two 

10 hours ago, deano said:

Not giving up on Lee, hopefully he can be involved before the season ends. 

He’s a talented player but f00ked.

Would be financial madness to offer him anything.

Lets move on and look for hungry, fit, younger players than can cope with the physical demands the modern game brings. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Transfer list:

Foresteri - not done it for a few years now

Fox - while improved under Bruce still not good enough Lazar is the level we should be aiming for.

Nuhui - offers something but feel he will ask to move on for first team football. 

Time to rebuild

Agree and I’d add Reach

Honestly, of the players we own, I'd let them all go.

2 failed play off attempts, and a mid table finish isn't a good return for DC's investment.

We have the opportunity to clear out nearly all the high earners and start again under a new manager, this is a very rare occurrence in football, so lets start again please.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, shandypants said:

...taken from yesterday’s game. 

Lets play this again. 

Who should we keep? Who’s a possible to keep? Who should go?  

44CF7C4B-B65D-4FD2-A78C-79B71F1D97CB.thumb.jpeg.4fe013d3e01def425216fb94a848ed4a.jpeg

Keep:

Palmer 

Westwood

Hooper 

Hector (but can’t be paid Chelsea wage - will he accept a drop?)

Possible to keep:

Aarons (but can’t be paid Newcastle wage and needs to prove fitness before season end)

Lazaar (but can’t be paid Newcastle wage and needs to prove fitness before season end)

Kieran Lee (I want to keep him but we don’t know how he will return. If fit, he’s the difference) 

Matias (tough decision)

Go:

Boyd

Onamah

Pudil

Jones

Abdi

If rumour is correct, releasing Boyd, Pudil, Jones and Abdi will remove a sizeable wedge of cash from our outgoings. 

On top of that I would get rid of lee and hooper. I would also sell rhodes, winnall, nuhiu and forestieri. Then rebuild from there

I think one of Bruce's biggest strengths are his contacts and ability to attract top loan players.  Just look at the players he got in at Villa the last two seasons and Hull before then. I appreciate he will be handcuffed financially but still think we will have new quality players in our team next season.

15 hours ago, Plonk said:

Westwood. Deffo.

lee and hooper subject to fitness.

we can do much better than the rest so let them go.

see if we can off load winnall, fox and (sadly big Dave).

trust Bruce to bring in much better, either on loan or frees.

Agree with this.........................i would also add Van Aken and Pelupessy to the "see if we can offload" list.

Keep Westwood. Lee if he has a decent pre season rest can go.

Loans, would like Lazaar Aarons and Hector to be brought back.

Rest of squad I would try to offload Fox, van Aken, Pelupessy, Nuhiu, Rhodes, Winnall and if we get good enough offers Bannan, Fletcher, Reach and Forestieri.

Start Again.