List of Owls players out of contract this summer

Keep Westwood and Palmer let Lee and Hooper prove fitness with short term vastly reduced deals if they can play 2 games a week without breaking down look to longer deals, the rest can go for me.

hector only at the right price and salary, Chelsea will be wanting a chunk of the £4m they paid for him which is too steep for us.

we also need to look to reduce the front line two from Joao, nuihu, fletcher, rhodes, winnall, forestieri, need moving on. If we could offload rhodes, fletcher, winnall for fees and the savings on wages. I would look at a season loan for Wickham a lot of injuries in last few season but could be the player we need if we could get him match fit and firing.

Keep Westwood (lower wages) although Leeds are still interested in him, and Palmer

Hector a must, now he will be on everyone list who has money so I can see us loosing out

The Newcastle lads will down the pecking order so they might come on lower wages

Rest to go as well as Winnall, Rhodes, Joao

Need to bring in faster players and a beast in midfield

Trust Bruce who seems to have a good eye for players

If any chance of Lee getting fit again he must be kept, alongside Westwood plus Palmer as he'll be a saleable asset if need be. 

Love us to sign hector but can't see it.

Hooper can go as he's too slow for a Bruce side IMO 

I think we're going to be disappointed in retaining the key players most would like to stay. I think Westwood will go to Leeds especially if they go up. A no brainer free signing for any club. Hector will surely go to a club who can pay a few million transfer fee and big wages. That's not us and Chelsea won't be loaning him out in his final year. 

3 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Peopke saying release Abdi cos he's a Croc yet wanting to sign Lazaar who's like Francis Jeffers of the modern game. 

Totally agree - Lazaar has a shocking injury record and has barely played since coming here.  Can’t believe people are keen to sign him ..it’s no for me.

Hooper and Lee contentious - one has barely played this term and the other not at all.

..players who play under 30 games a season aren’t getting to get us up.

What use are they from the sidelines/treatment table?  

Answer: None whatsoever. 

I think Matias may be decent if we can keep him at what I imagine is a low basic salary. Hard to imagine we can sign a better player for free who costs less per week than him. 

Can play up top or on either wing wing and I think scores a goal every three games when he plays. If he’s over his injuries he’s a great squad player at very least. 

34 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I think we're going to be disappointed in retaining the key players most would like to stay. I think Westwood will go to Leeds especially if they go up. A no brainer free signing for any club. Hector will surely go to a club who can pay a few million transfer fee and big wages. That's not us and Chelsea won't be loaning him out in his final year. 

Leeds will be looking for better than Westwood if they go up.

Offers to Westwood and Palmer seem sensible, think the rest will be released. In saying this, think Hooper is a terrific footballer but his injury record and wage suggests we cant afford a luxury player due to FFP.

Hector will be a transfer target, as will the Newcastle lads assuming they wont be expensive given Newcastle's apparent desire to move them on.

Suspect Bruce will be actively looking to move a few more on to revamp he squad. Rhodes likely, Joao if reports are to be believed and suspect Nuhiu, Winnall not in long term plans.

GK department would be in good order if Westwood stays, defence needs tweaking assuming we get Hector, midfield needs some major attention and the forward line needs pace.

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He would, but would he accept that?

They also already have Casilla and the young Peacock Farrell as good back ups though.

Tbf he probably wouldn't want to be a deputy at his age. I'm sure he'll get better offers elsewhere though from clubs without our financial constraints. 

Keep Westwood, the rest have not been consistent over the length of their contracts. Palmer has improved and therefore maybe worthy of another contract but you have to question whether he is top championship standard. Of the loanees send back Onomah and try to retain Hector. Like the Newcastle lads but are they injury prone?

Edited by Beauchief Owl