Really feel for winnall

10 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's not better than Nuhiu at playing as a target man and holding up the ball, which is why Nuhiu made it onto the pitch and Winnall didn't.

Horses for courses, and all that...

Put that 10x better than I was trying to :laugh:

Bruce said in an interview he had too many strikers, that says to me some will be out in the summer.  We have Rhodes to come back yet.

I feel for Winnall too, I like him but with all these strikers must be hard to get in the first team.

Winnall has been really unlucky because he joined a club whose transfer strategy sucked. Signing far too many strikers and not enough midfielders and creative players. He joined beginning of Jan and looked good, then we made the worst signing for sheer waste of money in Wednesday history in Rhodes and suddenly he was not only behind him but had to compete with all the rest too. Carlos had success in those 2 years, But i can only think if Bruce was given that war chest we would have gone up. Summed it all up on Tuesday when the subs had 4 strikers on the bench. Ridiculous, it's like kids playing football playing 8 upfront and 2 in defence.

Winnall had a chance to go out on loan in January to Sunderland to play league one get match fit, hopefully score some goals and get in the routine again.

He decided not to and his chances have been very limited. Will be interesting to see what happens in the summer as he is still in contract when Hooper, Matias are not. We could also be looking to try and offload Rhodes and Fessi so Winnall match fit could get a chance or we will probably look to sell on to aid with rebuilding elsewhere.

On 09/04/2019 at 19:38, Lomas613 said:

Not on at all he’s fought back from a bad injury he’s shown glimpses of his abilities again yet Joao who’s also been injured and not long been back not to mention rumours he’s up for Sale starting before him whatttt !!! I’m guessing hooper will get a few minutes today so also doubt winnall will be a used sub :/

Compared to the rest of the strikers that we have I'm afraid that Winnall is some way behind. He should be sold for whatever we can get for him. A poor signing in my opinion.

Winnall is a decent striker at Championship level I agree. However, if I had to choose between getting Hooper up to pace versus Winnall then it would be Hooper.

winnall is not a target man, so not likely to replace Fletch, Nuhui or Joao, so this is why he ain't getting game time because he is behind Fletch, Hooper, Nuhui and Joao in the pecking order, plus Matias has pace over Winnall which is why he has also been getting game time.

who knows what  will happen between now and the next season start, I can see him being at the club in august but quite possibly not - as they say all options are all on