Really feel for winnall

10 hours ago, Tank_owl said:

Winnall is a decent striker at Championship level I agree. However, if I had to choose between getting Hooper up to pace versus Winnall then it would be Hooper.

winnall is not a target man, so not likely to replace Fletch, Nuhui or Joao, so this is why he ain't getting game time because he is behind Fletch, Hooper, Nuhui and Joao in the pecking order, plus Matias has pace over Winnall which is why he has also been getting game time.

who knows what  will happen between now and the next season start, I can see him being at the club in august but quite possibly not - as they say all options are all on

I don't think you class Joao as a target man, he is hopeless in that role. Needs to play off a target man running at goal not with his back to it.

Winnall is a proven scorer st this level,  but has never had the luck since he signed for us. Just have a feeling he will be sold in the summer. Will be a fantastic signing for someone. 

Have to agree with Bruce’s judgement on this.

Yes, Winnall’s scoring record is good but I’ve yet to see anything in his game that marks him out as better than our other strikers.

Can’t see him getting in the starting eleven whilst a play off position is still possible.

winnall needs a run in the team then we can judge him not until. if we lose 2moro then we need to start trying players out so we can decide in the summer what to do and with what budget we have which will im guessing be small. think bruce needs to talk with hooper and see if he is prepared to stop on much reduced terms if not and he has offers to go to celtic or mls id sooner then we give winnall his chance in front of hooper . we cant afford next season to carry a hospital list. if we can somehow have a mostly fit squad then we can challenge for top 6. 

7 hours ago, handworth52 said:

winnall needs a run in the team then we can judge him not until. if we lose 2moro then we need to start trying players out so we can decide in the summer what to do and with what budget we have which will im guessing be small. think bruce needs to talk with hooper and see if he is prepared to stop on much reduced terms if not and he has offers to go to celtic or mls id sooner then we give winnall his chance in front of hooper . we cant afford next season to carry a hospital list. if we can somehow have a mostly fit squad then we can challenge for top 6. 

Talking of hospital lists, Winnall has not exactly been injury free though has he?

Not looked the same player since coming back from his injury.

Not surprising but his sub performances have not  been good enough to warrant a start.

Just another of our gaggle of strikers that it is very difficult for Bruce to know what to do with going forward. Don’t envy him trying to sort them out for next season.

Guest Ash76
12 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Winnall is a proven scorer st this level

Any evidence for that goes goes beyond a few months? He's really not. 

Edited by Ash76