Hate To Say This But....

I thought the atmosphere was quite good yesterday. I go to all the home games and in most of those there are long periods of quiet. I don't think it's because people are disinterested but they're just watching the game. Anyone who thinks that it's normal at home games to experience non-stop singing is mistaken. In fact when I've been to away games the emphasis seems to be on drinking heavily, insulting the opposites and generally being a nuisance to everyone rather than watching the game.

2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Your right

Crowd might have been a bit nervous..and there was a lot of families, part timers and kids there.

Did you conduct a survey ?

In my opinion Mr C killed it before it began with his stupid prices.

25k home fans in a massive game tells it's own story 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, the monk said:

Did you conduct a survey ?

In my opinion Mr C killed it before it began with his stupid prices.

25k home fans in a massive game tells it's own story 

No i used the highly experimental method of using my eyes.

And i partly agree with the second part..but the fans are still paying..there wasnt that many empty seats yesterday..unless you mean the fans were moaning about the prices all way through the match instead of singing.

The atmosphere was pretty good when we scored, when they levelled the atmosphere was as if we’d gone behind.

The disappointing thing for me was the number of people who left when Villa scored. I know it was near the end, I know how gutting it was but after the second half display I thought the players deserved better. Almost felt like the crowd were turning their backs on the players. A bit more togetherness and appreciation from the fans wouldn’t have hurt

36 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

I thought the atmosphere was better yesterday. We do need a proper anthem tho

Agree

Someone on here suggested the allez allez allez (spelling?) song a couple of years ago but now the scousers have used it and Villa even tried it yesterday.

Need something else?

3 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Your right

Crowd might have been a bit nervous..and there was a lot of families, part timers and kids there.

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Whilst their stadium is a dump, it is more conducive to generating a

better atmosphere than Hillsborough.  Probably due to the corners been filled in. 

the 'section' of noise makers is widely split at hillsborough, between the kop (and it's families) the north west, and generally otherwise spread throughout, and around the ground. 

originally it was a kop with no roof that let the noise out, now it's spread support, I really don't see it altering without the club intervening, and I don't see the club intervening unless they actually see the problem, and i'm not sure they do. 

we all see that heavy vocal support can drive an individual or team onwards, but does our club?

we have just (it seems) grasped the idea of selling players onward who are of no use to us, moving into 'crowd motivation' is as big a jump as is from skippering the bridlington queen to the gerald r. ford. 

29 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

the 'section' of noise makers is widely split at hillsborough, between the kop (and it's families) the north west, and generally otherwise spread throughout, and around the ground. 

originally it was a kop with no roof that let the noise out, now it's spread support, I really don't see it altering without the club intervening, and I don't see the club intervening unless they actually see the problem, and i'm not sure they do. 

we all see that heavy vocal support can drive an individual or team onwards, but does our club?

we have just (it seems) grasped the idea of selling players onward who are of no use to us, moving into 'crowd motivation' is as big a jump as is from skippering the bridlington queen to the gerald r. ford. 

Its been the same since the 60's. The club have never grasped the idea of loud vocal support. From not putting a roof on the kop until 1986 and then being forced to seat it in 1993. Look what we do with the away fans, we give them a stand that has the best acoustics in the ground. Wolves have it spot in. Away fans are given a long bottom side terrace which is hopeless for generating atmosphere. What used to be the South Bank is now a fantastic home end with low roof perfect for acoustics. 

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

No i used the highly experimental method of using my eyes.

And i partly agree with the second part..but the fans are still paying..there wasnt that many empty seats yesterday..unless you mean the fans were moaning about the prices all way through the match instead of singing.

What's a part timer look like?  I'll keep my eyes peeled in future 

I was in the north and there was loads and loads of empty seats in the south and kop 

Edited by the monk

15 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Its been the same since the 60's. The club have never grasped the idea of loud vocal support. From not putting a roof on the kop until 1986 and then being forced to seat it in 1993. Look what we do with the away fans, we give them a stand that has the best acoustics in the ground. Wolves have it spot in. Away fans are given a long bottom side terrace which is hopeless for generating atmosphere. What used to be the South Bank is now a fantastic home end with low roof perfect for acoustics. 

IF I were to have money to spend at s6, then the first most 'cost effective' alterations would be to look into the roofing of the Sydney opera house that was built to 'cascade' sound into the audience (this would be from the audience to the playing field) and it would be installed into the roof of the kop.

also a former works at which a was employed had a blacksmiths shop with sound deadening material hung from the roof, this along with roof vents would be 'generously' installed into the west stand roof area to assist the visiting fans with singing their guts out whilst not being heard beyond the leppings lane end goalmouth on a quiet day.

at present our ground acoustics are an own goal per game.

1 hour ago, the monk said:

What's a part timer look like?  I'll keep my eyes peeled in future 

I was in the north and there was loads and loads of empty seats in the south and kop 

I genuinly think people come on here for an argument..so many defensive posters.

We got tickets yesterday morning and the only two we could find together were in tangos corner..what does that suggest?

2 hours ago, apswfcowl said:

Agree

Someone on here suggested the allez allez allez (spelling?) song a couple of years ago but now the scousers have used it and Villa even tried it yesterday.

Need something else?

I think WAWAW could work easily, or even Singing the Blues for our anthem.

8 hours ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

Too many on their phones more bothered about how Morecombe are getting on for their Acca than what’s happening with Wednesday on the pitch. Be better staying at home and watching Soccer Saturday.

Some people might think this is tongue in cheek but reality is that is society. 

Too scared of missing something elsewhere  than enjoying the moment in front of them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dorian gray said:

IF I were to have money to spend at s6, then the first most 'cost effective' alterations would be to look into the roofing of the Sydney opera house that was built to 'cascade' sound into the audience (this would be from the audience to the playing field) and it would be installed into the roof of the kop.

also a former works at which a was employed had a blacksmiths shop with sound deadening material hung from the roof, this along with roof vents would be 'generously' installed into the west stand roof area to assist the visiting fans with singing their guts out whilst not being heard beyond the leppings lane end goalmouth on a quiet day.

at present our ground acoustics are an own goal per game.

That is far too logical for a football club to impliment , too busy giving players better contracts and higher wages 

I was saying this yesterday about our fans ,seemed we were resigned to being beaten by Villa , never really got going yesterday from the fans especially in the second half when it was needed.I think we gave the Brummies to much respect tbh and they took the pi.ss at the end , that idiot that ran on and did a knee slide towards the North needed a good slap.

Agree with op I was a little surprised at how quiet we was in general I know boot on other foot we would have put sang them away like always it’s a given but as a home team we was very flat