Hate To Say This But....

I've been to games at Celtic and Anfield (not to watch us), when the home team had something to play for. Liverpool were quiet until they scored and then went quiet again. Celtics game was a 0-0 and The few fans from Hearts outsang them.

The issue you raise here is nothing to do with Wednesday fans.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

11 hours ago, fatzooma said:

Just imagine what a poor season in the premiership would do...and that’s what Leeds and the Pigs will have ahead of them ...if they go up.

The hype of the promotion is soon forgotten about.

Their bank balance will soon make up for that.

Guest The Claw
On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 09:10, HIGHERSTATE said:

Ok no need to get defensive..im not criticising anyone..ive only been 3 times this season and i dont know the new songs..

Its always like this at the end of the season when the weather is getting better and our chances are slowly ebbing away.

ha ha!

I strongly agree with those who say it's a long standing problem. It was true, for example, during the good days of the late 80s and early 90s. Quite likely pricing hasn't hepled, as it hasn't elsewehere, but it could still be lacking when it was a few quid to turn up and stand on the Kop.

In the 90-91 promotion season our home form was pretty indifferent, and there were several lame draws (Port Vale is one that springs to mind) where the ground seemed largely silent. There are of course exceptions that come to mind - the Cardiff and Brighton games in May 2016 - but sometimes even for the really big games it doesn't spark. The best supports are the ones that lift a team which is struggling, not just back a team that is playing well.

This is one reason I should be perfectly happy to relocate. People talk about "soulless bowls" but some contemporary grounds manage to generate better atmospheres via acoustics and cleverer distribution of fans.

On 07/04/2019 at 09:50, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

In all fairness, despite fantastic numbers, our away support has been tame this season too. I think everyone's just sick of being the 'nearly' club, watching other sets of fans having big days out, big wins, while we just watch from afar. That's how I feel anyway.

That's how I feel too. 

32 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I strongly agree with those who say it's a long standing problem. It was true, for example, during the good days of the late 80s and early 90s. Quite likely pricing hasn't hepled, as it hasn't elsewehere, but it could still be lacking when it was a few quid to turn up and stand on the Kop.

In the 90-91 promotion season our home form was pretty indifferent, and there were several lame draws (Port Vale is one that springs to mind) where the ground seemed largely silent. There are of course exceptions that come to mind - the Cardiff and Brighton games in May 2016 - but sometimes even for the really big games it doesn't spark. The best supports are the ones that lift a team which is struggling, not just back a team that is playing well.

This is one reason I should be perfectly happy to relocate. People talk about "soulless bowls" but some contemporary grounds manage to generate better atmospheres via acoustics and cleverer distribution of fans.

That's why I like The Hawthorns,  Villa park and Carrow Road and used to like Highfield Road too 

Along with our place Goodison and Ibrox they are banging when full.

Bet Coventry wished they still had Highfield Road ?

• Like 1

On 07/04/2019 at 09:01, BIG D said:

I just dont think the fans ever really believed that we were going to finish top 6.

I know i didnt. 

This. No harm in dreaming but it was too difficult. As someone else said the life has been sucked out of us in the last 18 months, and even now we have injury after injury. We've all been so disappointed by the last 20 years too. There were 2 moments when it could have come alive, the goal and the award of the penalty. When that was missed and we missed other chances everyone around me knew what was going to happen.

On 07/04/2019 at 20:08, A12owl said:

Watched the wolves game the other night. The home lot really made some noise all around the ground. 

Then they play Hi HO silver lining.WTF:

If we'd had 100 million spent on us, were in the FA cup semi and 7th in the PL I imagine we'd make a bit more noise too!!

On 07/04/2019 at 20:08, A12owl said:

Watched the wolves game the other night. The home lot really made some noise all around the ground. 

Then they play Hi HO silver lining.WTF:

giphy.gif

Edited by Hookowl
  • Haha 3

On 07/04/2019 at 08:35, DanS6Owl said:

Our home support yesterday was poor. In terms of getting behind the team and being that so often mentioned ‘12th man’. 

I’m not saying it changes anything just that as fans we need to raise the roof on days like yesterday. 

Ill get some stick for questioning the Wednesday faithful but it’s there to be seen! 

Its been poor for years now, no heartbeat, all since i stopped going...

My bad, sorry x

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

We need less seats and more poor people.

That's the reality.

Certainly need less seats, huge half empty cavernous tired looking famous old ground..

Need something smaller and that has more money making potential, we missed our trick with the land out at Meadowhell, Hillsborough stadium and the location in Sheffield is simply unappealing to non Wednesday and football orientated customers for non football business/income. Modern football has changed and we need to modernise to survive long-term.

Edited by steveger