Bannan Out

It wasn't long ago that gthere was a thread on here wanting him dropped. Be interesting to see how we cope without him, he was excellent today and has the joint-most assists in the division since Bruce took over.

I think with the two injuries today and the defeat I’d rule the season all but over it was important we didn’t lose today 

I’m not having a pop or being negative I thought we outplayed them for huge spells and on another day that scorelije could have been 3-1 to us 

since Jos has gone we’ve looked like a much better team 

I like how Bruce sets is up and his interviews and watching the side he assembled today with pace down the wings and what he’s brought in I think we will be a force next year 

I know finances will hinder us slightly but I feel we have a good base to build 

still 6 points out of the next 2 games might just make for a great finish 

• Like 1

We have no replacement for Bazza, another huge weakness that needs to be addressed last year. Abdi is just a ghost.

If he is out rest of season I fear we could really struggle. Everything goes through him, without him we won't be half the team.

7 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

We have no replacement for Bazza, another huge weakness that needs to be addressed last year. Abdi is just a ghost.

If he is out rest of season I fear we could really struggle. Everything goes through him, without him we won't be half the team.

Go for it Dr Who..................

• Haha 1

I watched u18's this morning trounce Ipswich 4-0 who are leaders of southern section. Connor grant looked absolute class, I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him given a chance in bazza's role before end of season.

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

I think with the two injuries today and the defeat I’d rule the season all but over it was important we didn’t lose today 

I’m not having a pop or being negative I thought we outplayed them for huge spells and on another day that scorelije could have been 3-1 to us 

since Jos has gone we’ve looked like a much better team 

I like how Bruce sets is up and his interviews and watching the side he assembled today with pace down the wings and what he’s brought in I think we will be a force next year 

I know finances will hinder us slightly but I feel we have a good base to build 

still 6 points out of the next 2 games might just make for a great finish 

Apart from the last sentence I agree with every word.

I think it's time to forget going up and enjoy spoiling it for others.

We've got a lot to look forward to, but today told me that we need a quicker forward line. 

Dont get me wrong, Fletcher and Hooper did well, but we're not clinical enough, Fletcher needs a touch too many. Hooper can't go past people.

All in all we made a good side look average, but didn't end up on the right side of the fine margins.

I was sat bang level with the touch line in the south stand, on another day the linesman would have made a decision that stopped their first goal. But he wasn't up with the play. 

Just hope we get to play them against next season, and hope luck evens itself out.

Firstly the season isn’t over and secondly we were beaten by a side who have been built by our current manager regardless what the Villa fans say. As good a manager as Smith may be, Villa were an utter car crash when Bruce walked through the door and they are on the brink of the play-offs in the main because of the manager they say is sh!te.

And this gives me hope for the future. If he can build a promotion chasing side given the situation he inherited at Villa, he can do the same here. Hopefully we can finish the season strongly starting with bouncing back with a win against Forest.

Edited by Great Big Galaa
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

I watched u18's this morning trounce Ipswich 4-0 who are leaders of southern section. Connor grant looked absolute class, I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him given a chance in bazza's role before end of season.

Interesting. How did Liam Shaw shape up? He's looks a player to me.