Bannan Out

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Season over I fear

I doubt it. He tried to carry on so it's not a bad one. FF has recently recovered from two of these in a fortnight.

Immense today. Very clever and gifted footballer.

39 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Interesting. How did Liam Shaw shape up? He's looks a player to me.

Played well, grant and Shaw ran the midfield and were different class to anything Ipswich had to offer. Both good physically at that level. They scored 3 of the 4 goals between them and were all well taken goals.

3 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

Played well, grant and Shaw ran the midfield and were different class to anything Ipswich had to offer. Both good physically at that level. They scored 3 of the 4 goals between them and were all well taken goals.

Cheers 

2 hours ago, damianb1 said:

I watched u18's this morning trounce Ipswich 4-0 who are leaders of southern section. Connor grant looked absolute class, I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him given a chance in bazza's role before end of season.

I’ve been suggesting Grant should start appearing in match day squads for a while too, I guess after the next 1-2 games we’ll see more youngsters appearing before the end of the season 

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Apart from the last sentence I agree with every word.

I think it's time to forget going up and enjoy spoiling it for others.

We've got a lot to look forward to, but today told me that we need a quicker forward line. 

Dont get me wrong, Fletcher and Hooper did well, but we're not clinical enough, Fletcher needs a touch too many. Hooper can't go past people.

All in all we made a good side look average, but didn't end up on the right side of the fine margins.

I was sat bang level with the touch line in the south stand, on another day the linesman would have made a decision that stopped their first goal. But he wasn't up with the play. 

Just hope we get to play them against next season, and hope luck evens itself out.

Was it you who were ejected then?        

lol

• Like 1

Onomah could be back. We have played pretty well when Bannan has been suspended and Onomah came in. 

We also have a certain K Lee floating around chomping at the bit. 

Agree season isn't over. Just means we have to win away at Leeds and Norwich!! 

4 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Onomah could be back. We have played pretty well when Bannan has been suspended and Onomah came in. 

We also have a certain K Lee floating around chomping at the bit. 

Agree season isn't over. Just means we have to win away at Leeds and Norwich!! 

Aarons and Lazaar to come back too, gives us something different.

Just look to the Forest game first for a good result.

On the Villa forum they thought we kept Grealish out of the game, and they were mightily relieved when Bannan went off.

Was nice to see their fans clap Bannan off yesterday (though I suspect it was as much relief as respect). Bet they can’t believe what a player he has become.

Hope we get up with Bruce and Bannan next season. Bannan deserves a season or two in the Prem with us. 

21 hours ago, fpowl said:

I think with the two injuries today and the defeat I’d rule the season all but over it was important we didn’t lose today 

I’m not having a pop or being negative I thought we outplayed them for huge spells and on another day that scorelije could have been 3-1 to us 

since Jos has gone we’ve looked like a much better team 

I like how Bruce sets is up and his interviews and watching the side he assembled today with pace down the wings and what he’s brought in I think we will be a force next year 

I know finances will hinder us slightly but I feel we have a good base to build 

still 6 points out of the next 2 games might just make for a great finish 

Exactly bud, Was just one of those days... If the pen goes in, it probably would have been 3-1 to us as we were the better side and they would have had to push for the equaliser instead. 

17 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

Question is, should he be risked on one last roll of the dice, even if it risks him being less than 100% at the start of next season. 

All focus has to be on next season for my mind.

That goes with any thoughts on Lee making an appearance in the matchday squad too, assuming he will still be a Wednesday player next season.

On 06/04/2019 at 19:14, hirstyboywonder said:

It wasn't long ago that gthere was a thread on here wanting him dropped. Be interesting to see how we cope without him, he was excellent today and has the joint-most assists in the division since Bruce took over.

Thats because he was poor for around half a dozen games on the bounce...form will always alter.