Forwards

18 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

Matias and Hooper will go surely

If we can get anyone to take Nuhiu he should go and we'll probably try and get rid of Rhodes 

Fletch, Winnall, Joao and FF...we are gonna need at least another

Winnall can go for me as well Not a striker we need if we want to challenge

Think Matias, Winnall and Joao will go, he has said we need to sell a few player.

Hooper , not sure depends whether he can get game time in the last few matches

Dave - could go but useful from the bench

Fletcher - will be staying

FF - will be staying

Rhodes - will be staying, Bruce a fan and now we are getting crosses in I am sure Rhodes will score more- needs to play as a pair up front

Think he will bring in one forward with pace

Who knows what will happen. In his recent past, Bruce has always preferred a quick mobile striker to lead the line, think Tammy Abraham, Abel Hernandez, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him bring in that type of player Will he fancy Rhodes? He might do, but maybe not as a starter. He didn’t really use McCormack or Hogan, other than from the bench, and that’s the way Norwich have utilised Jordan Rhodes. For me, if Rhodes or Winnall want to be regular starters, they need to look at clubs with lower aspirations 

If we are going to bring in the type of centre forward that Bruce likes, we need to make room, so those two could go. Will we be able to find buyers? Yes, I would think so, but we’ll probably have to take a massive cut, at least in the case of Rhodes. Hooper and Matias are out of contract, and will undoubtably get fixed up elsewhere. A fit Hooper, would be a loss, but could we really offer him another big contract That leaves Fletcher, Nuhiu, Joao and Forestieri, who, along with a new Tammy Abraham type, would give us the options we need

Whilst I agree we have too many forwards and injury records and contracts are a problem a pool of Fletcher, Hooper, Rhodes and Winnall under a Bruce style of play is the sort of thing nearly every team at our level would dream of. All 4 of them are capable of being 20+ goal a season strikers when we play with tempo and delivery into the box.

On 18/03/2019 at 21:27, pazowl55 said:

They will have vast amounts of money to spend and he won't be that expensive. All depends how well he is fitting in there. Has played more times then many may think and if he is relatively inexpensive they may take a chance on him.

Why would they buy Rhodes for their PL squad and pay him £30-40k pw when he's not good enough to get a start for them in the Championship?

He rarely gets more than a few minutes game time for them as a late sub these days, 6 of his last 7 appearances have been from the 85th minute or later. In total he's only made 9 league starts for them, with 6 of those being the first 6 games of the season so that's 3 starts in the last 7 months. 

For the money and wages he'd cost, they'd be better off taking a punt on a couple of promising youngsters or looking abroad and possibly unearthing the next Pukki.

17 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Why would they buy Rhodes for their PL squad and pay him £30-40k pw when he's not good enough to get a start for them in the Championship?

He rarely gets more than a few minutes game time for them as a late sub these days, 6 of his last 7 appearances have been from the 85th minute or later. In total he's only made 9 league starts for them, with 6 of those being the first 6 games of the season so that's 3 starts in the last 7 months. 

For the money and wages he'd cost, they'd be better off taking a punt on a couple of promising youngsters or looking abroad and possibly unearthing the next Pukki.

Probably right. but it we only want a few million for him then it maybe a gamble they are willing to take as he would be more than happy to be a back up player and they could also use him if they went down.

Spending 3 million on Rhodes as a premier league club is nothing.

Odds our they won't take him as he is hardly pulling up trees there. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did if it's cheap as I don't believe Norwich will be lining up a 30m pound striker on 80k a week for the Prem.

A manager always wants to bring a striker in. I have no idea what kind of finance Bruce will have this summer but if he can bring a centre forward to the club he will.

However, to enable him to do that he will have to ship a lot out. I think personally he will look at:

Forestieri, Fletcher, Joao - All under contract all talented so he will keep these.

Hooper, Matias - Release

Winnall, Rhodes, Nuhiu - Look to move on.

This would leave him with 4 strikers if he was to bring one in. Which should be enough for anyone apart from us with injuries.

Also would give a chance to a youngster to get some game time should one be ready.

On 18/03/2019 at 19:53, pazowl55 said:

Think Matias is def gone. probably Hooper aswell. Recon Norwich will also take Rhodes on a cut price deal. Has played over 30 times for them this season. Even if they go up they are going to need more players and Rhodes would probably cost them about 4m.

Let's say they decided to try for a Abraham or a Batshuayi they would be 30m a piece. Norwich are paying that for 4 players for the premier league not one.

We will be stuck with Rhodes. He has only started 9 games for Norwich. Vast majority of games as sub, then averaging about 11 minutes per game. 

23 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

All pre-Bruce player assessments are now in the bin, he’s given everyone a clean sheet, it’s now up to the players to impress him, and  IMHO he will do exactly the same wit Rhodes, we now have a proper manager.  lol

Rhodes has always done well under British managers, his career stalled when he went to Boro and an overseas manager, he came here and again two overseas managers, went on loan to Norwich and guess what another overseas manager.

He is as close to a good old fashioned English CF as it gets these days and needs a good old fashioned English manager.

Bruce is that manager.

Can see us starting with fletcher and Rhodes up top next season. Joaoa will be around. Hooper if he can prove his fitness may get a one year deal. Rest can go for me. Them four would be a decent shout.

17 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

We will be stuck with Rhodes. He has only started 9 games for Norwich. Vast majority of games as sub, then averaging about 11 minutes per game. 

Yes, but he is obviously training with the Norwich squad, and is regularly on the bench, a bit like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and David Faairclough used to be. Norwich simply don’t need him, but are stuck with him, and in his favour he’s not hiding in the treatment room is he?