BBC News - Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United: FA investigate objects thrown onto pitch

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Funny how nothing got said or done when they lobbed a bear bottle at Loovens last season. 

Pathetic from the FA once again... punish the people who threw them not the club.

but millwall can as good as murder at every game and they don't get any parts of ground closed for a game etc. find the tool ,ban him simples. 

I can never work out why these things take so long.

I saw the bottle being thrown (I didn't see who did it), should have started investigation and studying CCTV 5 seconds afterwards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-47455678

Also says here Sheffield United fans were held back for 10 mins after the game. Were they? I left on full time from North Stand via Leppings Lane and were loads of United fans leaving at same time which led to a bit of a stand off for a couple of minutes.

28 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I saw the bottle being thrown (I didn't see who did it), should have started investigation and studying CCTV 5 seconds afterwards.

Also says here Sheffield United fans were held back for 10 mins after the game. Were they? I left on full time from North Stand via Leppings Lane and were loads of United fans leaving at same time which led to a bit of a stand off for a couple of minutes.

They were definitely not held back - think they may have been advised to remain behind but obviously many chose not to take that advice. Not that I blame them when SYP are involved. 

• Like 1

I notice our local media said nowt last season when Loovens had a bottle thrown at him. 

I don’t condone it, and not suggesting that it’s ok because they did it last season. But the local media can’t wait to stick the boot in at the moment. There’s now an article about the chants towards Henderson, and now he’s deleted his account because some twitter keyboard warriors have been at him. I can understand that such a chant isn’t very nice to hear, but is it news worthy? Is the fact he’s deleted his account newsworthy? 

There appears to be this notion that Utd fans are angels, and they’re the victims. They had tools out in force and so did we, mixed with SYP incompetence it made for some ugly scenes. But somehow Wednesday are being made to look like the responsible party here? 

Yet nowt was ever said when they chanted “Ched Evans he sh*gs who he wants”.

That Danny Hall fella seems to like a little campaign against wednesday every so often. If it’s not tickets then it’s something an idiot said in twitter. Yet I notice not a lot of condemnation when that lad tweeted that vile comment about Bruce and his parents. 

Its all a bit pathetic really. And the local media love to stoke it up. 

46 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

but millwall can as good as murder at every game and they don't get any parts of ground closed for a game etc. find the tool ,ban him simples. 

Millwall very rarely have the bottom tier of the away end available, due to their history. 

They are also often subject to "bubble trips" and other restictions for away games and have often been fined and used as an example by the FA.

Don't think they are a very good example to hold us against, more the "top" PL clubs like Arsenal.

8 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I notice our local media said nowt last season when Loovens had a bottle thrown at him. 

I don’t condone it, and not suggesting that it’s ok because they did it last season. But the local media can’t wait to stick the boot in at the moment. There’s now an article about the chants towards Henderson, and now he’s deleted his account because some twitter keyboard warriors have been at him. I can understand that such a chant isn’t very nice to hear, but is it news worthy? Is the fact he’s deleted his account newsworthy? 

There appears to be this notion that Utd fans are angels, and they’re the victims. They had tools out in force and so did we, mixed with SYP incompetence it made for some ugly scenes. But somehow Wednesday are being made to look like the responsible party here? 

That Danny Hall fella seems to like a little campaign against wednesday every so often. If it’s not tickets then it’s something an idiot said in twitter. Yet I notice not a lot of condemnation when that lad tweeted that vile comment about Bruce and his parents. 

He is a member on S24SU (pigs forum). They bring a load of bitter poo to his attention and he sticks it in The Star. Basically a mouth piece for the scrubbers. 

20 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I'm not one for really caring about whether an article puts us in good or bad light in isolation. However, you aren't wrong that theres a lot of negativity written about us in the Stir for a few years now. Seems to be an agenda to put us in a slightly negative light. We are better than that but shows how sad they are in the Stir these days. 

18 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

He is a member on S24SU (pigs forum). They bring a load of bitter poo to his attention and he sticks it in The Star. Basically a mouth piece for the scrubbers. 

Was going to post the same thing.

That Danny Hall posts regularly on there and he just projects the tripe from their forum on The Star site.

Just now, Kanye West said:

Was going to post the same thing.

That Danny Hall posts regularly on there and he just projects the tripe from their forum on The Star site.

Indeed. I suppose for a Star 'journalist' it makes a change from getting their stories from Twitter. 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Justifies some big wigs wage in an office somewhere. 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

I somehow managed to watch the regional BBC news for London a few weeks back (I think it was on iPlayer). The Millwall fans had a mass riot and pitch battles with rival fans in the streets around their ground. It was that bad that local residents were fleeing for safety and locking themselves in their homes. I haven’t heard about any punishment for that incident. 

36 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

To be fair, when they were singing that at Bradford just after he was released from jail it did make the national newspapers.

Amazes me that a load more objects were thrown on the pitch, including bottles, from the corner of Old Trafford than Monday, but even though it was plainly on TV there doesn't seem to be anything being done about it. Can't believe the Blunts  moaning. Nothings been said about their pissed up scrubbers in town before the game and on the way to Hillsborough. How many times have they been the main trouble causers at Derby games? 

Edited by Buckwheat
missed a bit out