BBC News - Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United: FA investigate objects thrown onto pitch

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I can never work out why these things take so long.

I saw the bottle being thrown (I didn't see who did it), should have started investigation and studying CCTV 5 seconds afterwards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-47455678

Also says here Sheffield United fans were held back for 10 mins after the game. Were they? I left on full time from North Stand via Leppings Lane and were loads of United fans leaving at same time which led to a bit of a stand off for a couple of minutes.

I did the same believing there was a 10 minute delay. Didn’t see any evidence of them being held back.

Could see a crush developing as a line of police tried to halt those exiting North Stand.

A firework behind me and police batons being wielded in front. 

Coaches double parked in Leppings Lane slowing exit of fans on foot.

Utter chaos, never been as bad with much bigger attendances in the past and I’m talking 55,000 gates 

Fortunately I managed to slip out of the crush and walk round the outside of th ground to get back to Middlewood Rd.

Probably should have gone that way originally but it means trying to push against the flow of the thousands exiting Kop and South. 

Why was there so many coaches for what was for all said and done an home match for them aswell? Anyway everybody was pushing and shoving up against the coaches trying to get up Leppings lane, so i just walked round other side of em. Clear as a bell and no bother getting out.

2 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Funny how nothing got said or done when they lobbed a bear bottle at Loovens last season. 

Pathetic from the FA once again... punish the people who threw them not the club.

Could have done some serious damage....

s-l300.jpg

• Haha 3

Wilder, more than anybody has fuelled the increased hostility, yes there's always been an edge, but it was never as bad under Warnock, despite him being a bonafide Pig.

His hatred of us (not even calling us by name) is inciting the supporters, he is not 'funny' or 'cheeky' like Warnock was/is - it is pure bile coming from his mouth.

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Wilder, more than anybody has fuelled the increased hostility, yes there's always been an edge, but it was never as bad under Warnock, despite him being a bonafide Pig.

His hatred of us (not even calling us by name) is inciting the supporters, he is not 'funny' or 'cheeky' like Warnock was/is - it is pure bile coming from his mouth.

I agree. He stokes it up, Wilder is classless. He’s got a massive chip on his shoulder like a lot of dem blades.

At least with Warnock you could actually have a laugh with him - he enjoys playing the pantomime villain role. Where as wilder just has cheap digs. 

The stir is a propaganda machine for him as well as radio Sheffield. 

Nice to see the tweet from the pig about Bruce's parents didn't make it on their poxy site, however if it was other way round I'm sure ginger pubes and face like a can of smashed ring pieces shields would be allover it,like a pig on spice

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I see Wilder is sticking his oar in now about the bottle incident and general hostility.

Strange how he never said anything about Loovens having one thrown at him last year, or the bottles and fireworks thrown at our fans.

Odious little man, with his ridiculous accent. Struts around like a soccer hooligan wannabee.

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I somehow managed to watch the regional BBC news for London a few weeks back (I think it was on iPlayer). The Millwall fans had a mass riot and pitch battles with rival fans in the streets around their ground. It was that bad that local residents were fleeing for safety and locking themselves in their homes. I haven’t heard about any punishment for that incident. 

yer I saw it on youtube about as bad as it gets ,not been trouble as bad as that for years 

4 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Funny how nothing got said or done when they lobbed a bear bottle at Loovens last season. 

Pathetic from the FA once again... punish the people who threw them not the club.

Bear Dance GIF - Bear Dance Dancing GIFs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shandypants said:

I somehow managed to watch the regional BBC news for London a few weeks back (I think it was on iPlayer). The Millwall fans had a mass riot and pitch battles with rival fans in the streets around their ground. It was that bad that local residents were fleeing for safety and locking themselves in their homes. I haven’t heard about any punishment for that incident. 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

yer I saw it on youtube about as bad as it gets ,not been trouble as bad as that for years 

It was pretty full on and I saw the edited version that could be shown on tv. The YouTube footage must be mental.