Carlos on the chairman.

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

At least if he did he might actually sell a few.

It's very concerning if DC is letting sentimentality get in the way of running the club prudently. 

Really hoped a lot of this mentality washed away when he finally "sacked" Carlos. But judging by the most recent fans forum, it doesn't seem so, unfortunately.

At best we can hope he's capable of taking a step back, and allowing proper business folk to get a proper handle on the reins.

32 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

DC will be well aware what has happened in the past with share ownership and supporters groups, rightly or wrongly I doubt he would entertain that idea

And let's hope he keeps away from that idea, nowt worse than fans thinking they can run a football club....

Awaits the predictable responses....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steveger said:

And let's hope he keeps away from that idea, nowt worse than fans thinking they can run a football club....

Awaits the predictable responses....

Because there havent been plenty of examples recently of sole owners trashing clubs :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Because there havent been plenty of examples recently of sole owners trashing clubs :rolleyes:

Yup, but can you image the complete car crash if fans or say fans groups like Wednesdaylite ran the club......:biggrin:

We'd go bust waiting for them to have a vote on whether to have a vote to have a vote on what day to pay HMRC

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

Watched the sky coverage last night and found what cc said quite interesting. The chairman runs the club as a family not a business, which came across as a criticism of not releasing players. It's the reason we're in trouble with the ffp stuff but then again looking at the bench and injury list, it might not have been that bad a strategy. 

We had a strategy???

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I hope he doesn't run it anything like my family as I cant stand most of them.

That was more akin to Jos's approach!

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fiercly loyal man, doesn’t want to admit his mistakes- part of the Thai culture. 

This explains why during my last trip to Thailand, after discovering she had something in between her legs I didn't stop. The culture must've rubbed off on me!

:Sid:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hopefully he will stop running it as a family and more of a business from now on. He’s finally got an excellent manager in so that’s a very good start. 

Just run it as a football club that’s all that was/is required. 

I dont blame DC for the horrific recruitment, he has poor football knowledge and just backed people that were supposed to know what they were doing. 

They didn’t!!!

Hopefully Bruce will get it right with whatever he has available to him. 

The Carlos years will hold us back for a good few years yet I fear. Hope not!!