Carlos on the chairman.

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Can you imagine how the fans would have reacted if he had sacked CC after his second season he would have been crucified?  

When should have sacked him?  Was he right to let him have a go at turning things around or should have he sacked after the Huddersfield game?

I think if Carlos would have gone after the play off game v Huddersfield they would have been a mixed reaction from fans.

Some would have been gutted but I don't think many others will have been. 

I remember being in the Shakey straight after the Huddersfield game and some people there were saying they liked CC but he had took as far as he could.

I think Carlos deserved a full second season but the signs were there well before that season ended that things had gone stale.

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Can you imagine how the fans would have reacted if he had sacked CC after his second season he would have been crucified?  

When should have sacked him?  Was he right to let him have a go at turning things around or should have he sacked after the Huddersfield game?

After the Huddersfield games - he had taken us as far as he could go.

..but it’s not just the performances on the pitch - all the other stuff, players fitness, selection, transfer policy (or lack of).

We had a golden opportunity when DC came in but CC wasn’t up to it.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think if Carlos would have gone after the play off game v Huddersfield they would have been a mixed reaction from fans.

I remember being in the Shakey straight after the Huddersfield game and some people there were saying they liked CC but he had took as far as he could.

I think Carlos deserved a full second season but the signs were there well before that season ended that things had gone stale.

That second season we went from playing superb football the year before to utter drudgery. As for the play offs, the home game against Huddersfield was a shocker of a performance. I won't crucify DC for not sacking Carlos after two play off finishes, but he certainly should have gone much sooner the following season. We have simply wasted the last two seasons because of delayed sackings. Thank fizz DC has finally got it right with Bruce. 

19 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

That second season we went from playing superb football the year before to utter drudgery. As for the play offs, the home game against Huddersfield was a shocker of a performance. I won't crucify DC for not sacking Carlos after two play off finishes, but he certainly should have gone much sooner the following season. We have simply wasted the last two seasons because of delayed sackings. Thank fizz DC has finally got it right with Bruce. 

If he hadn't delayed the sackings Bruce wouldn't have been available, DC knew this and hung on until Bruce left Villa. :ghoulguy:

Longest Carlos should have stayed in the job was the derby game.

After that abomination of a display, he should have been off.

Needless to say, we kept him on for another two, three excrutiating months. Much like Jos - we didn't pull the trigger when we should have done.

Concerning the latter, I'd like to think the delay was due to getting Bruce all but signed up before sending Moustachio back to Holland.

30 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

If he hadn't delayed the sackings Bruce wouldn't have been available, DC knew this and hung on until Bruce left Villa. :ghoulguy:

Jos should have been sacked after the pigs game at the Lane where we turned up like a wimpering non league side begging not to get stuffed. Bullen demonstrated that he could get a much better tune out of that side. Just a few more games could have given us the points to be within touching distance of the play offs. It's all ifs and buts now. As I say, thank fizz we now have a proper gaffer. 

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

As for the play offs, the home game against Huddersfield was a shocker of a performance.

It was but I thought the away game was worse, set up to draw from the KO.

Like you say the home game wasn't great either but Hudds were dire, there for the taking, could and should have won it in ET...a bit unlucky I thought.

The penalty shoot out...anything can happen and did.

Just watched his comments on sky prior to the game on Monday; where he says he was misquoted or lost in translation, his comments to the 'just another game' against the piggies last year, he says he knew it was a massive game...but thought it wise not to say so in a roundabout way. Dunno maybe?

I liked CC and bet he was good company having a drink...talking football etc.

I just don't get his tactical sudden changes from season 1, 2nd season, football was on the whole a borefest ...yet we finished 4th, could have been autos if carried on from the 1st imho. I believe he out-thunk it.

Should have gone, 2 months before he did though.

On 06/03/2019 at 13:55, owls maniac said:

At least if he did he might actually sell a few.

It's very concerning if DC is letting sentimentality get in the way of running the club prudently. 

But there's the togetherness which is good, but sentimentality is bad

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

It was but I thought the away game was worse, set up to draw from the KO.

Like you say the home game wasn't great either but Hudds were dire, there for the taking, could and should have won it in ET...a bit unlucky I thought.

The penalty shoot out...anything can happen and did.

Just watched his comments on sky prior to the game on Monday; where he says he was misquoted or lost in translation, his comments to the 'just another game' against the piggies last year, he says he knew it was a massive game...but thought it wise not to say so in a roundabout way. Dunno maybe?

I liked CC and bet he was good company having a drink...talking football etc.

I just don't get his tactical sudden changes from season 1, 2nd season, football was on the whole a borefest ...yet we finished 4th, could have been autos if carried on from the 1st imho. I believe he out-thunk it.

Should have gone, 2 months before he did though.

That's what pressure does to a coach/manager... he'd had a free hit and not much to lose....then the expectation rises... it's what sorts the wheat from the chaff in the football world imo.

6 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

After the Huddersfield games - he had taken us as far as he could go.

..but it’s not just the performances on the pitch - all the other stuff, players fitness, selection, transfer policy (or lack of).

We had a golden opportunity when DC came in but CC wasn’t up to it.

Would Championship manager take the risk of sacking a manager who had taken his club to two playoff seasons?  Would be a very brave one if so. 

7 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Can't argue with your logic but I can well understand why DC kept him on.

42 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Would Championship manager take the risk of sacking a manager who had taken his club to two playoff seasons?  Would be a very brave one if so. 

..But which still remains pretty much where it was when he started, despite millions spent. 

The first part of your sentence is a bit confusing and I think you overstate how much of a commotion amongst the fans removing him after the Huddersfield games would have caused.

Anyone able to separate sentimentality from what was actually happening on the pitch and at the club in general would likely have felt a change was needed at or around that point.

On 07/03/2019 at 12:14, Ash76 said:

What value of shares in Mr Hobson after? 

What about any ones where Chansiri's a nominee for Doyen and / or Paxo?

Even if Chansiri puts just 20% on market, he / Doyen et al keep control while raising funds for Bruce to get us outta this crap league.

And help buy a new training ground.