Carlos on the chairman.

Watched the sky coverage last night and found what cc said quite interesting. The chairman runs the club as a family not a business, which came across as a criticism of not releasing players. It's the reason we're in trouble with the ffp stuff but then again looking at the bench and injury list, it might not have been that bad a strategy. 

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I hope he doesn't run it anything like my family as I cant stand most of them.

At least if he did he might actually sell a few.

It's very concerning if DC is letting sentimentality get in the way of running the club prudently. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

At least if he did he might actually sell a few.

It's very concerning if DC is letting sentimentality get in the way of running the club prudently. 

Bruce will tell him what's what. 

Will not be happening anymore trust me.

• Like 1

There are very few clubs in all the leagues that aren't selling ones. It's just common sense to see that's the reality of the situation. Every player purchase should have a cost/benefit analysis performed with clear ideas as to why, beyond the player improving the 1st team/squad, the purchase is being made. There are lots of variables - future development potential, investment/sell on potential, etc but at our level a large percentage of the playing staff should be seen as assets where their value is expected to appreciate and therefore improve the club's finances once they are moved on. That's the world that we exist in, it's a reality, so its pretty foolish to not model your business plan on it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Bruce will tell him what's what. 

Will not be happening anymore trust me.

100% agree with that, hes a proper manager not a coach, probably one of the factors he wanted to come to us in such a precarious position is knowing that we've lacked proper management in all the areas off the pitch he has experience handling, may take him a year or two but he will sort us out, if he cant no one can.  

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hopefully the faith shown in these players will pay off

especially now we have Steve Bruce in charge of em

Which players? Most of the main culprits like Abdi, Jones, Matias and Boyd will all be released in the summer anyway.

The stalwarts we have Westwood, Lees, Hutch, Bannan etc have generally all continued to perform when they’ve been picked

Guest addedtime
25 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

DC should run the club in the same manner as a cult, be much better. 

It needs some form of mascot, with a bright, easily recognisable image. Maybe a redhead?

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hopefully the faith shown in these players will pay off

especially now we have Steve Bruce in charge of em

Never was a family to either of the past two, just a means to an end..... The chairman showed his side by allowing Steve Bruce time.

Whilst we were all sheite scared at was was happening.......   it's true, it may well just pay off when all comes good again.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

100% agree with that, hes a proper manager not a coach, probably one of the factors he wanted to come to us in such a precarious position is knowing that we've lacked proper management in all the areas off the pitch he has experience handling, may take him a year or two but he will sort us out, if he cant no one can.  

I agree. We must be patient with Bruce. He has a big job to do and we should give him as long as he needs. DC will back him financially when the FFP debacle is sorted but that is going to take some time. 

Why not let fans into the family firm then buy offering us chance to buy voting shares with discount incentives just like old B shares?

This would also improve financial footing to fund football and Brucey's brilliant management.

Ditto new Academy facilities / ground that Steve wants and Chansiri has spent little on (though excluded from FFP). 

3 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Why not let fans into the family firm then buy offering us chance to buy voting shares with discount incentives just like old B shares?

This would also improve financial footing to fund football and Brucey's brilliant management.

Ditto new Academy facilities / ground that Steve wants and Chansiri has spent little on (though excluded from FFP). 

Believe this is a route that Norwich have gone down in order to fund new state of the art academy facilities.

Get feeling that DC likes to preach "family" but only when it suits. 

Edited by owls maniac

3 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

DC will be well aware what has happened in the past with share ownership and supporters groups, rightly or wrongly I doubt he would entertain that idea

Guest LittleG
49 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

DC should run the club in the same manner as a cult, be much better. 

Knew I'd misread it the first time.