Did well but.....

Thought we played well to moderate. Held our own against a top 3 side. But they played poorly, expected alot more from them. That helped us. 

We showed very little attacking threat, substitutes were negative. Boyd is s***. 

Impressed with Hector, luv this guy. Deserved man of match. 

But as stated as before the dish needs to be spent for next season.

You can just imagine FF walking into the changing room and saying his hamstring doesn’t feel right.

And then Bruce scans across the options available....

Fox

Dawson

Nuhiu

Boyd

Matias

Pelupessy

Pudil

...it’s like a who’s who of ineffective, pedestrian footballers

Edited by McRightSide
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

They played as well as we let them......Their only real threat was the lad who swings good crosses in...apart from that...they were a bit ordinary....

We have improved immensely, sadly maybe a month too late

This

Think the lack of options on the bench killed us especially with FF going off . Could have done with jaoa or ideally hooper to bring on. Saying that we gave as good as we got and had the best chance compared to last three derbys that’s a vast improvement and that’s down to the manager. I think wilder half expected an improvement from us with the way he spoke before the game again down to the Bruce effect 

Options were limited on bench, Nuhiu would be my choice but then we would have had little pace up top, don't rate Boyd but only other option Matias does nowt when given chances. 

Pity João was unavailable.

Winnall would have been a good choice, I'm not sure if he's injured again. 

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Options were limited on bench, Nuhiu would be my choice but then we would have had little pace up top, don't rate Boyd but only other option Matias does nowt when given chances. 

Pity João was unavailable.

Winnall would have been a good choice, I'm not sure if he's injured again. 

I think Winnal would give us something different .

I’m just glad it’s all over for another season. That pressure in the last 15 minutes... horrible. 

I said before last night that 4 points from the next 2 gives us a small chance of a late push, so beat derby on Saturday (although it’s a ground I’ve never seen us win) and who knows.

We battled but didn't attack well. We punted it too often.

We know we can play some good stuff at times.

It was nerves and the conditions.

Bannan and Reach go missing in games too often this season and they are key.

It was far better then the last 0-0 though.

Utd probably under performed too. I can't believe that's their best or they wouldn't be third.

But they did get some dangerous crosses in.

It wasn't bad just not great. 

12 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

I’m just glad it’s all over for another season. That pressure in the last 15 minutes... horrible. 

I said before last night that 4 points from the next 2 gives us a small chance of a late push, so beat derby on Saturday (although it’s a ground I’ve never seen us win) and who knows.

Beat Derby, Leeds beat Bristol City - we are 3 points off the Play-Offs.

18 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Derby lose their game tonight we could be level on point if we win them on saturday. They play wigan so can see them winning that 

Edited by stocksyuto

7 hours ago, McRightSide said:

You can just imagine FF walking into the changing room and saying his hamstring doesn’t feel right.

Fox

Dawson

Nuhiu

Boyd

Matias

Pelupessy

Pudil

This..............our bench last night looked awfully weak.

Master class in football management and tactics by Bruce. 

If we'd tried to match utd by playing silly football they would have wiped us off the park.

Bruce instructed the team to get out there and make it a scrap. We did and they couldn't find a way to play their game. Tactics executed brilliantly but even better we actually had a go ourselves and made it an even game. 

MOM for me was Liam Palmer. Absolutely brilliant all game. 

8 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Fox

Dawson

Nuhiu

Boyd

Matias

Pelupessy

Pudil

Oooh now there's something we havnt thought of replacing Nando with a goalkeeper "Dawson" could be a masterstroke lol lol