Hugely Disappointed

With those swashbuckling blades, who have been tearing it up.

Did the occasion get to them ? Surely they didn't pay us respect ? Or are they just average and our boss sussed 'em out.

Truth is they'd have taken a draw before kick off.  

Theyve had and may still have a great season. But right now, and based on that showing, there is little between them and us. 

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

With those swashbuckling blades, who have been tearing it up.

Did the occasion get to them ? Surely they didn't pay us respect ? Or are they just average and our boss sussed 'em out.

Truth is they'd have taken a draw before kick off.  

Theyve had and may still have a great season. But based on that showing, there is little between them and us.

Probably shows how far we have come in a short time...I would have hated to play them under Jos again....

I honestly think if FF and Iorfa had stayed on we would have finished stronger and maybe won it...Boyd showed nothing and Fox just doesn't carry any attacking threat....

I wasn't really impressed by any of The Blades players apasrt from the lad who swung those crosses in...Norwood/...?

I dunno...

• Like 1

I keep hearing about their remarkable swashbuckling style with overlapping CB which is apparently impossible to stop.

Er, just stop get them getting down the wings and they've got no plan B as we proved for the third time in a row. 

They never looked like scoring and actually only managed as many shots on target tonight as we did in the last game when we completely parked the bus, and fewer than we did the time before that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Only watched em a few times but not as good as Leeds and Norwich. 

Style Rotherham play I can see them getting something on Saturday, not won away all season so just maybe this could be it. 

Agree about those around them. Clearly they're where they are on merit, I've only seen them against us, Leeds & Norwich easier on the eye for sure.

Not sure what all the fuss is about.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

I still have a feeling they could go up, they have been relentless and there is little logic to it with the likes of mcgoldick and Madine up front. Of course, if anything happened to sharp they’d be finished.

But a derby game is the last thing any team at the top needs as all that form and momentum means very little.

Im just glad we look to be a bit more positive, agreessive and direct ourselves.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

I keep hearing about their remarkable swashbuckling style with overlapping CB which is apparently impossible to stop.

Er, just stop get them getting down the wings and they've got no plan B as we proved for the third time in a row. 

They never looked like scoring and actually only managed as many shots on target tonight as we did in the last game when we completely parked the bus, and fewer than we did the time before that. 

The mentality of teams(managers) coming up against them has changed now. Teams will adapt their game to cancel them out, which could lead to a few frustrating draws for them from here on in.

They have definitely been one of the best 3 teams in the league so far though and unfortunately I still think they'll go up.

Hope I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I still have a feeling they could go up, they have been relentless and there is little logic to it with the likes of mcgoldick and Madine up front. Of course, if anything happened to sharp they’d be finished.

But a derby game is the last thing any team at the top needs as all that form and momentum means very little.

Im just glad we look to be a bit more positive, agreessive and direct ourselves.

Big game at Elland Road next Saturday. Could be defining. 

He couldn't resist throwing Madine in over McGoldrick could he?

Too busy thinking about how best to get one over on Wednesday fans  than his own teams style or chances of a result.

Hoist by his own petard 

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Big game at Elland Road next Saturday. Could be defining. 

Two tough games before Leeds, Rotherham are never easy to beat and they play Brentford next Tuesday who play some great football and capable of beating anyone in this league. 

Fair play to our lads tonight. Did an excellent job defensively as a team. Make no mistake, the pigs are a good side.  They’re 3rd for a reason. They play in a way that is very difficult to deal with, but we managed to do it well.

I’d like to think they just lack that little bit of extra quality you need to finish in the top 2 though.

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He couldn't resist throwing Madine in over McGoldrick could he?

Too busy thinking about how best to get one over on Wednesday fans  than his own teams style or chances of a result.

Hoist by his own petard 

Where does one keep a petard these days Snoots?

• Haha 2

Don’t think they’ll get automatic promotion but play offs is possible. As someone said earlier they will come up against teams that cancel them out and result in a few draws like toneet...starting with Rotherham;-) Having said that we have to go to our favourite ground in Derby...which never ends well.:wacko: